Auto adjustment in Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Borgström

Quote from: Michael H. Cothran on January 07, 2018, 03:30:35 AM
Getting Hasselblad RAW files from memory card to ACR or LR is quite simple. Here's how I do it for ACR/LR:
Remove the card from the camera, place it in a card reader, and plug into a USB port on your computer. Download to your desktop. Note - you will be prompted as to where you'd like the files to go. For ease, I simply choose the Desktop. For ACR - Once they are on your Desktop, open Bridge, locate the new file folder you just created, then select Open in Camera RAW from the menu bar. For LR, choose Import from the Library, tell LR where the files are that you want to import, and choose Import again.That's it.
One important aspect to remember in LR is that if you move the folder from where you initially imported it, LR will NOT be able to find it. When I'm finished with my post processing, I move the files OFF my Desktop, and to a dedicated hard drive just for image storage. If I ever need to go back to LR again on one of the files (which is very rare), I have to re-import the file from its new location. ...
Michael, Why don´t you let LR import directly from your card reader and at the same time to the back up hard drive? LR will eject the card when finished and it will find the files afterward. And you can "fika" (Swedish for coffee and a cinnemon roll) while LR does its thing.
/Eric

Hassilistic

Quote from: ndwgolf on December 31, 2017, 08:38:25 AM
Guys
Is the a way to make an auto exposure adjustment in Phocus similar to what you can do in ACR or lightroom..........and then after that tweak it

Neil

Of course, you can!
It is great and fast too.  almost everybody misses it as it is right in the beginning when you import.  Upon importing your Raw 3FR files from Card, you bring into Phocus (as a preview prior to clicking IMPORT), look over at Style Layout in the center above, it contains the 'Adjustment Browser', at default it reads 'Standard' however, you can change to Portrait, Nature, etc.  Or do what I did, and that is, create a User Profile setting for specific shoots and styles and add adjustments (Actions), and Phocus will apply those on Import.

Please refer to Phocus Manual V17 pages 63 -70.

Cheers