2018 X lenses

Previous topic - Next topic

tedtrimmer

Has anyone heard when the next round of new X lenses will be released?  I am particularly interested in the 65mm.

Nick Jafferson

Some time ago, the Hasselblad website has released a XCD lens roadmap of 2018 which including the XCD 2.8/65mm lens. According to what they said, the new XCD lenses will be shipped in the first half of 2018.

tcdeveau

Quote from: Nick Jafferson on December 29, 2017, 03:23:18 PM
Some time ago, the Hasselblad website has released a XCD lens roadmap of 2018 which including the XCD 2.8/65mm lens. According to what they said, the new XCD lenses will be shipped in the first half of 2018.

Did they actually say shipped? I thought the press release said will be "available" in the first half of 2018, which is pretty vague.

AFAIK they're not available for order anywhere yet and I haven't seen prices of any of the new lenses. I hope they come out sooner rather than later, and that we see them in stock in retailers in the first half of 2018.  Given how long it took them to roll out the 120mm I'm not sure how much confidence I have in the whole "first half of 2018" thing. I hope they prove me wrong, I'd order at least the 65mm right now if I could

Hausen

After a recent injury I am now a one lens per body type and I am very interested to see how the zoom performs. I hate changing lenses outdoors and a zoom really suits my Leong exposure work.

BillW

I am extremely interested in the zoom as well. I really like to use the X1D as a walk around camera because of its weight or lack of.
Thanks
Bill

flash

Yep. The zoom is the lens I want as well. And the 21. And the 80. And the 135. And......

Gordon

BradP

Yeah, I might trade out my very excellent 90 if the zoom is very close to as good.  I say that not wanting a compromise, it would be my 65mm surrogate, and can wait a bit.

Michael H. Cothran

I just checked the Hasselblad website, and noticed that all the speculation lenses due in 2018 have been deleted from the listing of XCD lenses.

tcdeveau

I had a bit of trouble a little while ago finding the press release on their website as well. Deleting them from the website could just mean they're trying to update the pages for when ordering goes live (whenever that happens)....or who knows.

Hopefully they're still on track.

JoeC

Never fear, I save everything:

No specific dates were mentioned in the press release. Just "2018".

Joe

JoeC

With the recent Adobe LR/ACR update:

The lenses themselves can't be too far behind. Can they?

Joe

rent

That's a nice find, Joe! Very exciting!!

Need to start saving more $$$$$ now...
Alex Jiang

Instagram

BradP

Yes it is!  Thanks Joe.  I've been thinking about selling my 90 to help finance a purchase of the zoom when it comes out.  But I really love my 90, so a tough decision is coming up. 

Has anyone seen the MTFs on the zoom yet, or any other TBD lenses?

BillW

Can't wait. Really want something wider than my 45.
Thanks
Bill

Dimitric

Hello -

Any idea how much could the "Hasselblad XCD 4/21mm" cost?
I have also heard that it could be a "3,5/21".

Thank you, enjoy your day

- Dimitri