Major firmware update

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeC

Quote from: docmoore on December 21, 2017, 09:38:29 AM
Turns out that the file imported directly into LR does not show a crop ... setting a crop ratio in Library module to match the output of Phocus duplicates the result ...
however if you go into Develop module and click on the crop tool you can pan the crop up and down ... rise and fall with verticals undistorted.

Bob

Today I asked Hasselblad on the webinar whether the crop would be picked up by Adobe LR or PS. The response was that Hasselblad is working closely with Adobe to make that happen. Stay tuned.

Joe

flash

Quote from: galoubet on December 20, 2017, 02:37:42 PM
Quote from: flash on December 20, 2017, 09:45:18 AM
I'd still like to see:
* zoom in image replay in EVF
Gordon

That feature is now available.

To my thinking the preview in the EVF is the best part of this new firmware update. I can now preview (zoom and pan!) in the EVF without having to find a shady spot to see the preview on the main screen. And it saves so much time, no need to move away from the EVF.

Thanks. Made me look again. It took me a while to work out how to do it using the AF-D and AE-L buttons because I was so used to double tapping the screen.

Gordon

docmoore

Joe

My concern is if it picks up the crop in LR and you lose the ability to pan for a rise or fall we may lose a bit.

Bob

Eric Borgström

LR picks up the Leica Q´s crop modes. And you can revert to the uncropped full raw.

urbmyr

After upgrade to 1.20 my factory spirit level is off and I feel that the camera is getting warmer than before. Have you noticed this as well?

Buddy

fw 1.20, spirit level still there, just press a few times the square button to display.

urbmyr

Yes it's still there but the angle is not correct. The vertical is not correct.

satijntje

Maybe a stupid question but what is spirit level?

Dimitric

Hello -

Quote from: urbmyr on December 27, 2017, 10:38:02 AM

I noticed that too on a DEMO X1D I bought a couple of weeks ago.
Both, vertical and horizontal were not correct.
So apparently, the problem could be already there on some cameras and before the 1.20 firmware.

Now, how can I fix this?
Because it's the first time I have that on a new camera. Never had that before on any of my cameras.
Please don't tell me that I'll have to do it manually, cuz how will I be sure that it will be correct?

Thank you, enjoy your day

- Dimitri

ChrisMaldonado

Hi, I did not make the upgrade yet. Concerned about this heating problem related by a few people here. Anyone heard from Hasselblad about that? Is the camera really getting warmer then before?

JoeC

hcubell

No. I checked indoors, because it is -10F outside.

docmoore

Quote from: Dimitric on December 28, 2017, 02:27:33 AM
Hello -

Quote from: urbmyr on December 27, 2017, 10:38:02 AM

Both, vertical and horizontal were not correct.
So apparently, the problem could be already there on some cameras and before the 1.20 firmware.

Now, how can I fix this?
Because it's the first time I have that on a new camera. Never had that before on any of my cameras.
Please don't tell me that I'll have to do it manually, cuz how will I be sure that it will be correct?

Thank you, enjoy your day

- Dimitri

Two easy choices ... bubble level that slides onto the hotshoe ... or get the carpenter app for the iPhone ... it has a level that is exact.

So put the camera on a tripod and level it vertically and horizontally ... then in the setting for the internal level ...calibrate.

The manual describes how to calibrate the level.

Bob

JST

Quote from: ChrisMaldonado on December 29, 2017, 08:04:32 AM
Hi, I did not make the upgrade yet. Concerned about this heating problem related by a few people here. Anyone heard from Hasselblad about that? Is the camera really getting warmer then before?

I have not had heating problems and am using the current firmware.