Major firmware update

Previous topic - Next topic

michael123

QuoteFixed a bug that could cause battery drain in power off mode.

Yes!! [I thought it was a feature]

BostonBoy

Did the upgrade, including lens 5.13 Firmware for the 30/45/90. Worked like a charm.

Love the crop mode selection on the function button....especially Square ("6x6") with 50% opaque overlay.

Great update - Happy Holiday Season!

JoeC

Kudos to Hasselblad. Not much left on my "wish list". Live histogram would be nice but it's not a "must have" for me. I hope a future update offers AF with my HC 210mm lens and the XH adapter.

Merry Christmas!

Joe

thompalompa

Eric Borgström

What a Christmas present! The firmware updates this last half year have made the X1D stable and eminently useable.

What has happened to the lens release plan? The 22 supposedly was to come first half of 2018. Will there be an 210?

Merry Christmas Göteborg!

/Eric

hcubell

Instead of a 210mm lens, there will be a 135mm lens with a dedicated 1.7x converter. Depending upon how compromised the optical quality is with the converter compared to a dedicated 210mm, this COULD be a brilliant decision.

msadat

how did u upgrade the lenses, it seems all of my lenses have older firmware than 18 and i can not do it.

Quote from: BostonBoy on December 20, 2017, 03:18:44 AM
Did the upgrade, including lens 5.13 Firmware for the 30/45/90. Worked like a charm.

Love the crop mode selection on the function button....especially Square ("6x6") with 50% opaque overlay.

Great update - Happy Holiday Season!

JoeC

Quote from: msadat on December 20, 2017, 09:08:35 AM
how did u upgrade the lenses, it seems all of my lenses have older firmware than 18 and i can not do it.

Go here for instructions on updating XCD lenses and here to download the lens firmware.

Hope this helps.

Joe

flash

Great update. Updated my 100mm (the only one on the list I own) and it works really much better than I was expecting. My 210 is the older version. I don't expect that one to be supported but I do have new 24mm and 150mm's I'd like to see with AF.

I'd still like to see:
* faster startup times.
* zoom in image replay in EVF
* improvements in the flash compatibility with my Godox triggers (nikon type)

Gordon

RLouis

Still some important things on my wish list. How about the ability to set a slowest shutter speed when using auto iso and aperture priority?

Eric Borgström

Quote from: RLouis on December 20, 2017, 09:49:21 AM
Still some important things on my wish list. How about the ability to set a slowest shutter speed when using auto iso and aperture priority?
Add Auto ISO in manual.
/Eric

docmoore

Now that we have an XPAN crop ... would like to make it shiftable within the 645 frame ... so you can do a rise or fall .... rather than tilting the camera.

Bob

cementjungle

For me, the most important update in this one is the ability to write backup copies of images to the second card.

The idea of traveling and having only one set of images until I get home is very unsettling for me. Having a spare copy of everything helps protect me against the rare card failure or the loss/theft of baggage on the way home.

Also, having the battery not drain on me if I forget to pop the battery for a second after powering down will be nice too (haven't tested that yet to see if its reliably fixed).
Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com

docmoore

Turns out that the file imported directly into LR does not show a crop ... setting a crop ratio in Library module to match the output of Phocus duplicates the result ...
however if you go into Develop module and click on the crop tool you can pan the crop up and down ... rise and fall with verticals undistorted.

Bob