Major firmware update

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Buddy on January 04, 2018, 11:00:09 AM
Quote from: Buddy on January 04, 2018, 10:09:40 AM
Quote from: DJPixelMan on December 27, 2017, 10:04:31 AM

What doesn't work as announced in New Features of fw 1.20.0 and also in the latest user guide is the Exposure information in Live View. It just shows the selected aperture and shutter speed but not the actual exposure meter bottom left as clearly in the user guide p. 109. How odd to announce new features when actually don't work! Or is a special (hidden) setting required to make this visible? Shall the user find these out himself, quasi as kind of puzzle??

This was a mistake in the manual as reported by H support to me upon my request and a new updated manual is now online. Also that AUTO ISO Information on the screen grabs are now gone (i.e. not Auto ISO so far enabled).

And since the exposure unit is within the viewfinder I guess that this information cannot be displayed in the life view screen.

DJPixelMan

Quote from: Buddy on January 04, 2018, 11:00:09 AM
Quote from: Buddy on January 04, 2018, 10:09:40 AM
Quote from: DJPixelMan on December 27, 2017, 10:04:31 AM
I'm a little puzzled by the Image menu. I apply a crop to the image..I see it in-camera. I import into Phocus from my SD card..where has the crop mask gone? I really thought that this might be a useful feature for composing in, say, square format, but on import it all seems to have been a waste of time in-camera.

Please someone tell me I am doing something wrong, or that there is a hidden menu in Phocus to reveal the in-camera crop mask that I lovingly set.  Someone..anyone?
I works perfectly on the X1D (shoot crop mode and import in Phocus) but haven't tried it yet on the H6D, will do tomorrow...

ok, tested various crop modes on the H6D-100c and imported into Phocus: works as described!
What is odd and contrary to the X1D's crop mode, that the crop during shooting is only visible in Live View but not in the viewfinder. Probably limitation due to optical viewfinder contrary to X1D's EVF.

What doesn't work as announced in New Features of fw 1.20.0 and also in the latest user guide is the Exposure information in Live View. It just shows the selected aperture and shutter speed but not the actual exposure meter bottom left as clearly in the user guide p. 109. How odd to announce new features when actually don't work! Or is a special (hidden) setting required to make this visible? Shall the user find these out himself, quasi as kind of puzzle??

OK Buddy thanks. I have given it another go; I shot at 6x6 crop (Set : Image -> 6x6 on the back of the camera (H6D-50)). Imported from SD card into Phocus 3.3.3. No crop marks. Opened up Crop and Orientation tool..no crop mask. Crop mask set to 100% opacity. Nothing..looks like a regular crop to me. Am I doing something wrong?

Buddy

i just did the same, but with a H6D-100c and it worked flawless. Try to import the cropped masked image with the Actual preset and with the standard preset; maybe this makes the trick? However, if I remember well, I did also import with both of these presets and it worked in both cases. Don't know what else could be?
I am working on Mac platform, Sierra (not yet High Sierra).

DJPixelMan

OK..I just spoke to Hasselblad here in Boreham Wood and I've got the answer to the problem. You have to import the image from the SD card through Phocus (3.3.3). I was importing from the SD card via Phocus Quick 123. You can't use the Image crop facility through Phocus Quick 123 import. Sorted and happy now!

BTW, thank you for your time Buddy..much appreciated.

Buddy

Aloha PixelMan! you mentioned importing via Phocus 3.3.3, so no-one will ever come to the idea that the problem could be by using an inappropriate software.....but glad that it is working now also for you!

DJPixelMan

Indeed I did! I forgot about  the bulk Phocus Quick 1.2.3 import bit..just goes to show! Not really sure why 1.2.3. hasn't been updated to take account of the Image crop addition..maybe in the development pipeline. Well, there is the answer..just in case anyone else has the same problem

bgateb

Quote from: cerett on January 05, 2018, 07:43:34 AM
Quote from: DJPixelMan on January 05, 2018, 07:00:44 AM
Still waiting for the Profiles back, as promised in the original H6 manual way back when it was release.  I also think that Hasselblad couldn't really care less. They have our money so why should they actually care? Maybe the old "really useful" features that we had on the H3 and H4 (didn't get the H5), will all suddenly reappear should a new H7 is released?

Doubt I would invest in an H7. Sometimes I think about selling my H6D-100c and six lenses and moving on. Sad.

Same, sadly.

DJPixelMan

Any news of a Firmware update in the near future?

DJPixelMan

No news yet of an update.....?

ndwgolf

On GetDpi they are saying April but its nearly May already..........

cerett

Quote from: ndwgolf on April 29, 2018, 12:40:07 AM
On GetDpi they are saying April but its nearly May already..........

Relax my friend, I think it is coming very soon.

ndwgolf

Well as long as the give me Auto ISO I will be as happy as a pig in shit 😀🙏😀

DJPixelMan

I just want WB measure back again.

ndwgolf

WHAT. No auto ISO.......... SH!T

Neil