Major firmware update

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralf Mueller

Seems to fix the battery drain issue on the H6D amongst some other nice features. Slowly getting there....

Happy Holidays,
Ralf

davidthescot

Just updated and, for the first time left my battery attached.  Fingers crossed.

HiroshiS

Just installed the latest firmware on the H6D. There is a glitch when using the CF lens adapter and the grip display illumination doesn't work during the lens selection. Makes it impossible to find the right lens setting in the dark. Also, there does not seem to be a 'My lenses' setting, a feature I really liked on my H4D. Now I have to always scroll through all the lenses in order to find the connected lens.
I find it also disappointing that the H6D still doesn't support the electronic shutter feature.

DJPixelMan

I'm a little puzzled by the Image menu. I apply a crop to the image..I see it in-camera. I import into Phocus from my SD card..where has the crop mask gone? I really thought that this might be a useful feature for composing in, say, square format, but on import it all seems to have been a waste of time in-camera.

Please someone tell me I am doing something wrong, or that there is a hidden menu in Phocus to reveal the in-camera crop mask that I lovingly set.  Someone..anyone?

Dustbak

I am kind of getting to know my H6. Naturally my main examples are all previous models I have owned. Maybe I am overlooking something. I would really like to have my indicator sounds back. Is it somewhere hidden in the menu's? (sounds for starting, connecting with Phocus, Capture ready and shutting down).

cerett

Quote from: Dustbak on January 04, 2018, 05:46:49 AM
I am kind of getting to know my H6. Naturally my main examples are all previous models I have owned. Maybe I am overlooking something. I would really like to have my indicator sounds back. Is it somewhere hidden in the menu's? (sounds for starting, connecting with Phocus, Capture ready and shutting down).

Me too!!!

Buddy

Quote from: DJPixelMan on December 27, 2017, 10:04:31 AM
I'm a little puzzled by the Image menu. I apply a crop to the image..I see it in-camera. I import into Phocus from my SD card..where has the crop mask gone? I really thought that this might be a useful feature for composing in, say, square format, but on import it all seems to have been a waste of time in-camera.

Please someone tell me I am doing something wrong, or that there is a hidden menu in Phocus to reveal the in-camera crop mask that I lovingly set.  Someone..anyone?
I works perfectly on the X1D (shoot crop mode and import in Phocus) but haven't tried it yet on the H6D, will do tomorrow...

DJPixelMan

Please let us know what happens..

Buddy

Quote from: Buddy on January 04, 2018, 10:09:40 AM
Quote from: DJPixelMan on December 27, 2017, 10:04:31 AM

I works perfectly on the X1D (shoot crop mode and import in Phocus) but haven't tried it yet on the H6D, will do tomorrow...

ok, tested various crop modes on the H6D-100c and imported into Phocus: works as described!
What is odd and contrary to the X1D's crop mode, that the crop during shooting is only visible in Live View but not in the viewfinder. Probably limitation due to optical viewfinder contrary to X1D's EVF.

What doesn't work as announced in New Features of fw 1.20.0 and also in the latest user guide is the Exposure information in Live View. It just shows the selected aperture and shutter speed but not the actual exposure meter bottom left as clearly in the user guide p. 109. How odd to announce new features when actually don't work! Or is a special (hidden) setting required to make this visible? Shall the user find these out himself, quasi as kind of puzzle??

cerett

I am getting a sick feeling that Hasselblad is focusing more and more on the X1D and leaving the H system behind. I sometimes wonder if I made the wrong choice in cameras.

Buddy

and what is this AUTO ISO information on these pictures for Live View on page 109 on the menu (top right on each of the top three live view frame grabs p. 109 H6D-100c user guide V 1.17 171219)?
The more I read these manuals and information the more question I get. Wondering who wrights these manuals with so many mistakes and inconsistencies....

Buddy

DJPixelMan

Still waiting for the Profiles back, as promised in the original H6 manual way back when it was release.  I also think that Hasselblad couldn't really care less. They have our money so why should they actually care? Maybe the old "really useful" features that we had on the H3 and H4 (didn't get the H5), will all suddenly reappear should a new H7 is released?

cerett

Quote from: DJPixelMan on January 05, 2018, 07:00:44 AM
Still waiting for the Profiles back, as promised in the original H6 manual way back when it was release.  I also think that Hasselblad couldn't really care less. They have our money so why should they actually care? Maybe the old "really useful" features that we had on the H3 and H4 (didn't get the H5), will all suddenly reappear should a new H7 is released?

Doubt I would invest in an H7. Sometimes I think about selling my H6D-100c and six lenses and moving on. Sad.