Phocus wish list

Previous topic - Next topic

robertpoll

Hi Nick,

Way back in this thread you'd mentioned that you were planning on putting together a wish list for Phocus 1.1 to send to Hasselblad. Did you ever manage to do it, and if so what did you send? Would be interested to hear if you did.

thanks,

...rob
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663

NickT

Hi Robert
I pretty much passed on everything! Phocus 1.1 goes into private beta this week sometime so I'll let you know what features have been added as soon as I get my hands on it.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

MarkRobertHalper

I'd very much like to see a detail window that would allow me to quickly go through images and check focus in a key area (such as on the eyes).  Having to wait for the full screen to resolve, and having to zoom in and out, makes the program unusable for editing large numbers of images.

Needless to say, smooth operation on a computer that isn't the very top of the line is also essential.

Mark

NickT

Just to let you know, Phocus 1.1 (currently in private beta) has Overlay, custom white, and the ability to rotate/straighten images.
Nick-T

Monty Rakusen

Hi Nick

You will have seen my post on the 'regular' forum. Any sign of an exposure meter? Profile Setup? B&W? How would I make a capture setup in Phocus?

Monty Rakusen

Dustbak

I would love to have the automatic numbering of Phocus to start at the lowest possible number again, like Flexcolor did. Advantage of this is when you are shooting catalogue with varying filenames you only have to change the file name and Flexcolor would start numbering again from 1. Phocus continues the numbering that was attached to the previous name which means you have to constantly remember to set that back to 1 as well. This makes me loose time!

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I'm with Derek in needing longer exposure times. Multiple minutes would be great but 64 seconds would be a good start. Full colour management as per PS would be good too.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Andre Regini

Windows OS!

Long long overdue.

eauliv

For Hasselblad's sake and for its futur clients and partners, a more, more easier Phocus, a really intuitive Phocus , a faster Phocus (at least like Flexcolor)

A easy capture sofware like his main competitor in order to spent time on the pictures and not on the software and shortcuts >:(

easy, really intuitive, agreable, fast ;D

Thanks a lot

Andy Johnson-Laird

Echoing previous wish list items:

1. Phocus for Windows XP 32-bit.
2. Phocus for Windows XP 64 running 16GB of RAM, say.

Forensic Software Analyst : H4D-50, HTS and beaucoup HC lenses
Portland, Oregon, USA

Monty Rakusen

This is a copy of my original posting and I would very much like to see progress on these points.

Hi

I've spent much of today sitting with Paul from Hasselblad going
through Phocus and really its not that complicated and it does most of
the things that Flexcolour does. However there are a few fairly
fundamental points.

1. I'm trying to make a shooting profile setting in Phocus just like
in Flex , file>setup> then you set 16bit, sharpening, ICC profiles etc.

I can't seem to find a way to do this in Phocus. Obviously this is a
really useful workflow as your images, as they are captured are in the
profile that you will end up using, barring a few tweakes.
How do I do this?

2. No exposure meter/bar! Now I know that watching a histogram is the
best way to asses your exposure but the bar has always been an initial
warning, and when you are really busy its a very useful tool.
Can I have one please!

3. Where the heck is OLD STANDARD? I want it back! Probably you have
to apply this from an image shot in flexcolour and then save it in
your shooting profile...thats if I could do that!

4. The screen resolution is worse than Flexcolour, if you use the
magnifier it comes up great at 100% but then thats just the same in
Flex. There is some image building at first as it loads that makes it
look sharp but then after a few seconds this goes soft.

Right now I'd say this software, even though it works fine on both my
Mac Pro and Mac book Pro, is not suitable for every day use. There are
some excellent things in it like the live video focus from the
computer which is truly amazing and the modernisation of the general
appearance and layout is good, image selection is good too but it is a
bit cranky with the main bar above the thumbnail window not working
properly (sometimes, sometimes not).

For the software designers: Why didn't you just tart up Flexcolour ,
just add the new features and change its name to Phocus?

Yours Mystified and having spent a lot of money upgrading!

Monty Rakusen

alexkent

current bluetooth (2 / EDR) transfer speed is, at best 3Mbit/s. as in 2.6 sec's to transfer a single megabyte.
a single 50MB raw shot from a 39mpx would take about 2.5minutes to transfer in ideal conditions.

future 'bluetooth 3' and 'wireless usb' specifications bring the data rate up to 100's Mbit/s which is a little bit more possible.

right now i'm happy with a cable!

Dustbak

But how about a small JPG preview? These are a lot smaller. Shoot to CF card and get the JPG preview by Bluetooth would be the way to go. It is the way the bluetooth connection of Leaf is supposed to work. I never got it to work really properly, I only got to an image on its side on my Windows CE phone. Still pretty cool if it would have worked and I am sure I would have gotten it to work If I only did not get impatient with the Leaf dealer and bought Hasselblad instead.

NickT

Here's an interesting work around,. Using an Iphone and screen sharing you can set upo the phone so it see's the computer screen:

http://www.panoscan.com/VFiPhone.mov

As long as you can disable the iphone from controlling phocus this would be a neat way for a client/hairstylist to watch what's going on..

Nick-T

mark1958

THe most frustrating thing for me is the inability to get a reasonably sized jpg without file conversion.  If I take three or four shots and want to see which is best focused I have to convert them all and my life would be so much easier if I could get a reasonable view of the image and discard the ones I know are not optimal to cut down on conversion times and storage etc.

I would also like to have an option to import and convert into both fff and dng files at the same time.