Phocus wish list

Previous topic - Next topic

JoSayer

Quote from: robertpoll on June 19, 2008, 11:08:48 PM
I would definitley like to see scroll wheel control for the tools pallette - it's a real pain without it and it's inconsistent vs. the thumb window, where it works.

Priority wise, I'd vote for (as well as the one above) #5 to be top of the list.

....rob

If you option-click any of the windows they all collaps.  Don't know if that helps?  ???

Jo S.x

robertpoll

Thanks Jo - yes, will help a bit!
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663

eauliv

#1 short and fast Details window ;D
#1 copy and paste buttons :-*
#2 Rotate/flip images ;D
#2 Overlay ;)
#3 Full Ixpress support
#4 Thumbnails labelled as 1/4/16 shot
#5 Window layouts saved
#6 All button functions included in menus  ::)
#7 Hand tool button
#8 Preview mode (preferebly with warning overlay)

a_sturm

Hi!

My wish would be:

i am used to give my pictures a bit more 'punch' via the unsharp mask with settings like strenght 10-30, a large radius with 100-200 - it works as kind of lokal contrast enhancement. Lightroom has a feature called claritiy - this USM setting works a bit like that (but of course without a masking feature). But you can't chose a radius larger than 5 pixels in Phocus at the moment - it would be nice if HB could change this. I already wrote this to HB - but i think it can't be wrong if they get this again via Nick T. ;)

Greetings Andy

photoshooter

I concur with may observations done already, specially those regarding simple tasks of file handling and management.
For some reason, software developers attempt to go the "all in one" type of application, and by doing so, some "holes" appear in design.

For one, I don't find a way to not combine Flexcolor or Phocus with a cataloguing application like iView-Expression Media for simple things like changing file names for better identification and storage, simple file rotations, regrouping of files into different folders , and in this sense concepts like the  Scratchpad folder end up being outdated. The application just can not comply with the user's system of folder organization and has to create it's own, leading to more time spent on file handling either manual or by using a third party program. This annoys me.

As I am shooting most of the time with models and on location, I rarely use tethered shooting, so I am probably the most basic guy in the group. Models also get distracted and tend to get out of their roles to run and watch images on the screen if they are available,   add to this that I hate being surrounded by cables, and so I have little to say regarding this  aspect of the software.

Best

Jorge Parra

PeterA

I would like Phocus to be able to work with Aperture2 or not make Aperture 2 CRASH!

jlm

i need to be able to use Phocus on my PC. 
I also use dual monitors, so would like to view the image full screen on my calibrated monitor and use the second monitor for everything else

cjphoto

A few other suggestions: (some already have been listed.)
1. Overlay feature
2. Viewing Window- slide adjustment for scaling viewing size. Not this + or - stuff.
3. Capture Destination Folder- Ability to add a folder from inside the Phocus app. not from outside of it. Specifically from within the previous folders menu.
4. Compare View mode to include more than 2 images.

Maybe some of these exist and I just haven't been diligent enough to discover them. But the consensus from the DigiTechs I use is that Phocus is poorly layed out and planned out.
Not real intuitive. Clearly not designed by a working Professional that uses it frequently.

Thanks,
Curtis J

JoSayer

Quote from: cjphoto on June 24, 2008, 03:02:02 AM
A few other suggestions: (some already have been listed.)
1. Overlay feature
2. Viewing Window- slide adjustment for scaling viewing size. Not this + or - stuff.
3. Capture Destination Folder- Ability to add a folder from inside the Phocus app. not from outside of it. Specifically from within the previous folders menu.

Maybe some of these exist and I just haven't been diligent enough to discover them. But the consensus from the DigiTechs I use is that Phocus is poorly layed out and planned out.
Not real intuitive. Clearly not designed by a working Professional that uses it frequently.

Thanks,
Curtis J

No. 2...  Cmd + or - do the trick?  Cmd 0 and Opt-Cmd 0 also work   8)

No. 3...  You can - just right click in the file browser.  ;)

NickT

Quote from: cjphoto on June 24, 2008, 03:02:02 AM

If I want to compare more than two images I tend to scale the thumbnails up big..

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

Quote from: jlm on June 23, 2008, 10:48:01 PM
i need to be able to use Phocus on my PC. 
Phocus PC is in alpha testing as we speak.

I also use dual monitors, so would like to view the image full screen on my calibrated monitor and use the second monitor for everything else

To do this you select "viewer in a separate window"

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Barry Goyette

1. larger 3fr previews. For those of us who shoot to CF, it would be nice to actually be able to choose images to import based on these previews, which are borderline worthless now (as in why have them at all?). 480x640 would be fine, 600x800 even better.

2.Default FFF Fit-to-frame viewer image is always soft looking (sometimes it loads sharp, then gets soft after Phocus renders the profile). This was always the case with Flexcolor as well, but it's really just boggling that we can't get a full frame, sharp preview out of this program...

3. Mentioned before,  Restore the ability (from Flex) to rate 3fr files in PHocus, prior to import as FFF. An improvement over flex would be to actually have these ratings "stick". (flex only holds 3fr ratings as long as the program is open...upon launching they are all back to default).

4. Clarity setting (as in Lightroom and ACR) as someone else mentioned.

5. Bring back the "selective color" type color correction in Flex. I like the new color correction tool, but it's so small and feels imprecise...I like the being able to see the numbers,  (as it is in Flex).

jlm

i find all my daylight setting shots (CFV) come in too warm and too green.  typically, i need to set the temp back to 4750 and the tint to 34 to get good color balance.  I would like to profile my camera and use this profile for all shots as done in capture one.

robertpoll

Also would be nice if quick collection changes weren't lost when Phocus crashes - it looks like they only get saved when you close Phocus.

robertpoll

Having adjustments auto-save is a big step forward over flexcolor, but really the whole mechanism is very cumbersome. I'd really like to have every adjustment step saved in a history and the ability to step forward/back easily, like lightroom (and aperture, I'm sure). Having adjustments arbitrarily saved when you happen to switch to another image isn't great, and who really wants to remember to hit save all the time....?