Phocus wish list

Previous topic - Next topic

rsmphoto

wmepp asked for a mirror lockup button for Phocus in the H4D wish list. Thought I'd continue that here...

As a mostly tethered user, I've been requesting that feature for I think two years now. Is it that difficult?! Anyone else??

Maybe Hasselblad could surprise us all with mirror lock up in beta 21??

Dustbak

I would certainly second that. I add something else. Keep the mirror up after a multishot sequence instead of having it automatically coming down again.

NickT

Good news! Beta21 of Phocus has a mirror lock-up button :)

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

rsmphoto

Wow. Either I'm incredibly prescient or that's one heck of a rapid response on Hasselblad's part. Either way I'm smiling!  Thank you Hasselblad! Now, let me think what else can I ask for....

An additional thanks to Nick for setting up this site. Having the ability to now have organized areas of discussion seems to have very much improved things.

If I ever get to NZ the drinks are on me!

alexkent

would it be good for Phocus to support tethered shooting with other manufacturer's cameras ?

obviously this is the route that CaptureOne has taken.
C1 is now (in my experience) the most popular solution for shooting tethered with Canons, and obviously doesn't hurt PhaseOne's marketing of their MF digital backs.

should Hasselblad follow suit with Phocus ?
would it encourage people to learn and use Hasselblad backs if they could shoot with their Canon tethered to Phocus ?

jeff.grant@pobox.com

How about remembering the last used settings. Each time I start I have to set up the separate viewer window. Also the old PS H would be great. Just being able to press H and then wander around in an image  works for me.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

NickT

I've just sent an email this A.M to denmark re window preferences not being saved, will report back here. As for the Hand tool I just use space bar, works for me.
Nick-T

fotografz

Please include the scanners with-in Phocus.  Hey, scanned film is digital too  ;)

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Nick. I guess it's just old habits refusing to die.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

woody campbell

Well - I'm new to the forum - great idea.

I've got a few requests for Phocus and for firmware upgrades for the current H3D:

1.  FlexColor includes an option when you are shooting tethered to designate an exposure as a white reference and to correct exposures accordingly (for vignetting and color shifts with wide angles as well as white balance).  This is essential when shooting non-HC wides to eliminate color shifts.  The problems:  it only works tethered in FlexColor and doesn't exist in Phocus.  This feature needs to be added to Phocus.  It also needs to be available for non-tethered shooting.  (Note that Capture One offers this feature for C1 backs.)  Not having this feature severely limits the usefulness of Hasselblad backs on third-party bodies such as Alpa and Horseman, particularly with wide angle lenses. I need help on this one since I've got a Horseman and a 35mm Digitar on order.

2.  Firmware idea:  the H3D's exposure bracketing permits exposure increments of one stop or less.  Extended dynamic range applications (such as Photomatix Pro) require brackets at two stop intervals.  It should be fairly simply to modify the firmware to permit larger increments.

3.  Another firmware idea:  permit focus bracketing.  The Hy6 evidently does this.  It would be very useful in a number of situations - in my case I use Helicon Focus fairly frequently.

4.  Yet another firmware idea:  Broaden the choice for user-programable buttons to include basically any setting on the camera or the back.  For example it would be nice in the field to be able to quickly cycle through lcd brightness settings or when working handheld to cycle through mirror delay settings.

5.  Finally, again on Phocus - I hope as the authors get close to the final version they spend some time optimizing it for speed.  It's actually not bad for imports and exports, but in working with a large group of these very large files milliseconds count.  On screen responsiveness is quite slow on my 2x3 ghz Mac - I'm aware of the video card issue and have ordered an upgrade - but it seems to me that it ought to be better on the hardware that I have.

NickT

Quote from: woody campbell on May 23, 2008, 01:57:33 PM
Well - I'm new to the forum - great idea.

I've got a few requests for Phocus and for firmware upgrades for the current H3D:

1.  FlexColor includes an option when you are shooting tethered to designate an exposure as a white reference and to correct exposures accordingly (for vignetting and color shifts with wide angles as well as white balance).  This is essential when shooting non-HC wides to eliminate color shifts.  The problems:  it only works tethered in FlexColor and doesn't exist in Phocus.  This feature needs to be added to Phocus.  It also needs to be available for non-tethered shooting.  (Note that Capture One offers this feature for C1 backs.)  Not having this feature severely limits the usefulness of Hasselblad backs on third-party bodies such as Alpa and Horseman, particularly with wide angle lenses. I need help on this one since I've got a Horseman and a 35mm Digitar on order.

Phocus will have custom white added at some point.

Nick-T

jeff.grant@pobox.com

While looking at sticky preferences, would it be possible to also honour the last settings. As an example, I set sharpness to off by ticking the box off (or at least that's what I hope it does) but  it comes back ticked to on when I start Phocus again.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

NickT

Hi Guys
I'm putting together an email to Denmark with requests for added features in Phocus 1.1. Can you please have a look at the list below and put them in the order you consider most important (and add any I've missed) The software guys have a list of features to add and some input from us should help to prioritise which get added first. Here's the list in random order:

#1 Rotate/flip images
#2 Overlay
#3 Full Ixpress support (my 384 works!)
#4 Thumbnails labelled as 1/4/16 shot
#5 Window layouts saved
#6 Preview mode (preferebly with warning overlay)
#7 Hand tool button
# ?

Cheers
Nick-T

robertpoll

I would definitley like to see scroll wheel control for the tools pallette - it's a real pain without it and it's inconsistent vs. the thumb window, where it works.

Priority wise, I'd vote for (as well as the one above) #5 to be top of the list.

....rob
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663

Dustbak

I would love to be able to rotate images and Ixpress support. My 384 makes Phocus crash :(