Battery Grip (Hasselblad H3D)

Previous topic - Next topic

hgtate

ChrisL

That would require quite drastic surgery as the re-charge socket would be needed to be added and I doubt the CR123 control circuit is anything like that in the re-chargeable grip, the linked article shows the two designs of the re-chargeable grip and does not AFAIK mention converting a CR123 grip.

Bashir Lunat

Quote from: hgtate on December 16, 2017, 10:07:18 PM
Hi Bashir, This may help. You could convert the grip to a fully functional normal one. https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/49212-regenerating-your-dead-hasselblad-h-battery-grips.html
hgtate,thanks for the link. I must admit I wont be able to carryout which might be easy to follow for some,but it is an idea if anyone is competent is electic wizardry.

ChrisL "That would require quite drastic surgery as the re-charge socket would be needed to be added and I doubt the CR123 control circuit is anything like that in the re-chargeable grip, the linked article shows the two designs of the re-chargeable grip and does not AFAIK mention converting a CR123 grip."

Thanks Chris

jerome_m

I repaired a few old grips by following these instructions and can confirm that they will not apply to a grip for CR123.

John Houghton

Hi I've used 3 rechargeable battery's at 3.2v took the volts to 9.6 that was enough to blow the circuit board an my H5 with a cost of over £1000 from hasselblad.
I'll never use rechargeable again.

Conner999

As mentioned, the CR grip is a far different beast from a normal 7.4v H battery grip (regardless of mAh capacity).

Aside from re-celling a dead grip, a safer & easier bet is to remove the battery from a dead LiO grip, add a socket to the battery leads, retain the electronics in the grip, and use a sled with NP-F batteries.

You're just replacing the 7.4V source with another, FAR, FAR cheaper one of longer duration (due to great mAh capacities available). Works very well.

Below is an example from a post of mine (also listed here).

https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/hasselblad-h-series-np-f-battery-adapter-us-180.73819/#post-879787