Hasselblad XCD 120mm Quick and Dirty Review, Part 1 of 3

Previous topic - Next topic

BradP

First, here are some medium downsized pictures out of Phocus and accompanying full sized 100% crops.  All pics are shot at 100 ISO in aperture priority.  Outdoor lighting was cloudy, indoor lighting was decent but not studio quality, rather living room lighting with big windows and a color balanced LED light panel.  All processing was done in Phocus with fairly minimal adjustments.  All shots were processed in reproduction low gain where I supply the curve -- basically a hand crafted lighten curve supplying some contrast.  Minimal sharpening (1 or 2) and noise reduction was applied to the flower pics, but not the technical ones.  For adjustments to all photos, I essentially did a three point curve (my license, sorry) and stretched out the white and black points to fill the histogram to about RGB 1-255.  Nothing else except as described above.

The orchid is about 1.5 inches (4 cms) across and was the only flower shot at minimum distance.  F3.5, 1/10 sec, ISO 100.

The pink flowers are about 3 inches across.  The shot was taken at about 2 feet (2/3 m) away.  F8, 1/10 sec, ISO 100.  There are bugs visible there for bug people.  These are small out of focus bugs.  I'd personally rather check out the fallen pollen.

Click on any pic for more detail. 

Part 2 continues here.  http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=5378.0