H6D-100c battery drain

Previous topic - Next topic

hgtate

Occasionally I go to my H6D-100c and find when switching on that the battery is flat when it was fully charged the day before when the camera was shut down. I thought this may be one particular battery but have not been able to reproduce the phenomena with several test. However, when putting the camera away yesterday I turned off the camera but noticed that the back was still live, ie: indicator on back was lit orange. Repeatedly turning the camera on and then off did not shut down the back until I removed the battery. I believe that previous times the battery has gone flat have been when I have turned the camera off and not noticed that the back has remained live. Anyone else experienced this?

Ralf Mueller

Hi,
i experience the same behavior with the H6D-50c

Regards,
Ralf

Roger Méndez

Have the same problem also with the H4D 60. With my old H3D 39 never had this problem.

davidthescot

Ditto.

I now take thy battery off the camera when I am finished.

fsprow

Yes, in fact if not in use for more than a few days, I remove the battery from all digital cameras. 

Nick Jafferson

Hi there,
When did the battery drain start? Have it happened after the update of firmware v1.19?

Ralf Mueller

Quote from: Nick Jafferson on December 05, 2017, 03:14:24 PM
Hi there,
When did the battery drain start? Have it happened after the update of firmware v1.19?
On my H6D-50c it started with 1.17.0 already. Quite strange, when I purchased the camera, it came with firmware version 1.15.2 or something (a version that was never made public on Hasselblad's support side). I didn't have this issue at the beginning. It only started showing after my first firmware upgrade (which i guess was 1.17.0).

Nick Jafferson

Hi, Ralf,
That's really strange. Hopes that the next firmware version will fix this.