Unexpected end-of-file encountered in Adobe Camera Raw on some images

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralf Mueller

Hi,

after the upgrade to firmware 1.19.0 on my H6D-50c i'm having issues in Adobe Camera Raw with some of the images. Here's what happens
1. Import images from CFast card using Phocus 3.3.x
2. Open up Adobe Bridge and start browsing the imported images
3. Some images don't show a preview, the file in Bridge is marked as a TIFF file but no image shows up
4. Trying to open the image in Camera Raw results in attached error
5. However, i can export the image from Phocus to PSD and then bring it up in PS.

Any idea of what the issue might be? Never seen this before but with 1.19.0 firmware it reproduces consistently and leaves a feeling
of uncertainty wether i've got the capture or not, quite annoying IMO.

Regards,
Ralf

Roger Méndez

Same happens to me specially with the H6D 100C. Doesn't happen with H4D 60 files.

NickT

Those end of file errors often indicate an incompletely written file. Say for example you export an image from Phocus and try to open it in Photoshop  before it has finished writing... Just a thought.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

froesner

I do experience this problem on a regular basis (100c). Sometimes even Phocus does not read the files correctly. Informed Sweden about it some month ago, heard nothing back.

/Frank

Ralf Mueller

Quote from: NickT on December 05, 2017, 05:47:15 PM
Those end of file errors often indicate an incompletely written file. Say for example you export an image from Phocus and try to open it in Photoshop  before it has finished writing... Just a thought.

Hi Nick,

the is not the case. I import the files in Phocus from CFast using a CFast card reader. Then i quit Phocus and open up Adobe Bridge. Then, some images are not shown and EOF error shows up when trying to open the image in Camera Raw. I can however go back to Phocus, export the image as PSD and open it in Photoshop. So there doesn't seem to be a corrupt file, its just that something seems missing that prevents it from being shown correctly in Adobe Bridge and Camera Raw.

Charles S

Same issue here, from Phocus to LR with files coming out of an H3D-31. About 1 image in 100 from the same shoot.
I typically batch process, so it is not as if I am opening a file in LR that is being written to by Phocus.
The issue files open in Phocus and can be exported as Tiffs, DNGs etc. and red in LR.
The issue only started to appear about 2 months ago, after both LR and Phocus upgraded, so I am convinced it is a software bug.