Hasselblad official site

Previous topic - Next topic

DJPixelMan

I just logged into the Hasselblad official site. New design. Asked for password etc, address etc. Then asks for you to resister your products. Errmmm... I already did all of that over the years. Why are we being asked to do it all again? Life is too short to go searching for all of those lens invoices from years back. Why have they lost all of our product details?

ganesh

I hope it is just a temporary glitch while they import the data.

ChrisL

And the benefit to the photographer of registering your gear with them is precisely what?

If they ran a "stolen" database, if they ran targeted e-mails on firmware updates ( I have unfailingly found out about them from forums days before an official e-mail if indeed one ever arrived) if they targeted special offers to upgrade or on accessories for the owned registered gear, if they offered a loyalty discount, if they let you delete it when you sold it, if, if, if.
I reckon your time spent doing that is time you waste.

Leffe

On the top it says: "Register your Product".
But further down, you should see your registered product. I did however.

DJPixelMan

Can't see anything beyond Register A Product on mine here. Certainly no Your Registered Products section..

TimH

I registered every lens and every camera for ten years on this site, using it as a kind of database for insurance purposes, and a historical record of what I owned when.  Foolishly.  A year or so ago I noticed that every byte  of data was gone, pfffffft.  I still put the information in there but I no longer rely on it. 

Buddy

I registered all my stuff again. They are obviously not able to transfer the data from the previous site to the new one. And registration is very faulty process.

Hassilistic

Quote from: galoubet on November 21, 2017, 10:43:16 AM
All my info is on the site as before. When I log in pictures of my registered equipment are displayed along with the serials and date of purchase.

The site looks new but my stuff is all there.
Perhaps because you were recent.  When did you register originally?

DJPixelMan

Just got an email back from Hasselblad saying that my stuff isn't now registered because it was registered "a long time ago", and there have been a lot of changes to the website. They have however, offered to register my products for me if I supply the information..which I have now done.