Battery drained after 1.19 update.

Previous topic - Next topic

Hausen

Mine did as well and as mentioned early in the thread I tried the popping the battery in and out once I turned it off and it has been good since.

Nick Jafferson

This may be a firmware bug, and I believe that the next firmware version launched will fix this.

romeobravophoto

Exact same problem as the OP - but I don't have the GPS module.  I thought I was going crazy.

tkhalloran

Same situation for me.  I now usually take the battery out when I store the camera away for the night.  I am hoping that I don't have to do this forever.

uptownguydenver

Happens to our X1D also. Firmware V1.19.0-18. Has anyone heard from Hasselblad about this problem?

Update: I just read that firmware V1.20 solved the problem. Will update and give it a try.

JST

My experience has not been like many on this post. I have not had rapid battery drain with the new update. I do not have my GPS unit attached all the time, but even when I have had the GPS unit on, I did not notice a drain. It does sound like the camera's systems do not fully shut down when turned off. I have had the situation where I pressed the off button to turn the camera off, only to later discover that it did not shut down. I don't know if that is even close to what is happening with your systems. On those few occasions, I did have a "battery drain", but that was likely my fault.