Battery drained after 1.19 update.

Previous topic - Next topic

alkaabi

I find my camera battery with no power couple of times eventhough it was full charge the night before. Anyone facing this weird issue?

In the menu it is set to turn off after minutes of no use.

P.S the GPS attached, could that be a reason ?

sanglier

I have the same problem without gps module

satijntje

No problems here.
I am also on FW 1.19
Have the GPS and the 45mm XCD attached.
Switched off the body on Sunday, and now, 4 days later, battery is still 100% full.
Strange that there are different findings here.
Maybe the WIFI???

John

tcdeveau

If I recall, this happened the last time I used my X1D as well.  I just popped in a fresh battery when I got to the shooting location.

David Rosenzweig

I've also experienced the same problem with the battery draining quickly with no use...GPS model was not attached and camera was indoors at room temperature.

MatthewC

Just happened to me last night for the first time. I had a leica lens attached via the Kipon adapter, and no GPS module. So electrically it's just the body.

The only thing I *may* have done differently was that I didn't switch the camera off using the power button before I put it in my bag. I left it on standby and it switched itself off. I will try to see if this is reproducible.....

kiubabar

I have this problem too...I wish Hasselblad can fix this ASAP

satijntje

As I have currently a lot of (non-photographic) work, I did not use my X1D for over 1 week now.
Lust had a quick look at the battery and after putting it off 8 days ago it is still 100% full!
I am also on FW 1.19
I'm starting the believe that this could be hardware related and that different components might have been used ......

Or maybe the Wifi is on???

Strange issue we have here

John

David Rosenzweig

I sent a note to Hasselblad Technical Support and received a reply from Anthony McCall ...he said that the battery requires conditioning ...complete charge and discharge cycle six times....I have more than one battery so it's
possible my experience of the quick discharge was a newer battery that had not been conditioned as Anthony recommended.

alkaabi

this strange behavior was never there before the latest firmware !

docmoore

I think that Hasselblad needs to look a little deeper at this ... I picked up my 4116 today after three weeks ... lots of projects on the house to keep me from
photography ... and the battery was at 100%. No WiFi no GPS ... and I always reformat the cards and shut down the camera with the power button prior
to putting it in the closet.

I have five batteries ... and always carry them with me when I go out ... so a low battery is not a critical issue ... but if a slow discharge of the camera is
occurring ... needs to be rectified.

All of the above is with the latest firmware.

Bob

cementjungle

This has happened to me a couple times since the update too. It never happened before.

So now, after I turn the camera off, I pop the battery out for a second. That seems to do the trick.
Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com

hgtate

I have had a similar problem with H6D-100c and it is caused by the back remaining live when I switch off the camera and so the battery drains if I don't notice the back has not turned off as the power light on the back glows orange. When this happens I have to remove the battery grip to ensure the back powers down. I am not familiar with the X1D but I see that there is a status LED on the rear. Maybe you should see if that LED is remaining lit after you have switched off the camera. I have posted my problem on the H&V System section of this forum but to date have not had any responses. This problem has occurred during all firmware versions that I have had installed.

satijntje

I also had a drained battery today.
At lease I thought it was empty.
The X1D was dead when I wanted to switch it on.
Took out the battery, and inserted it back again, all ok.
Battery charge indicator on 100%.

Strange but true
John

pcolton

I am having same issue with my 3 batteries, usually dies overnight when off with a fresh battery!