H6D 100c Issues

Previous topic - Next topic

wmepp

So have had the H6D 100c since June 17 and are experiencing a few issues . Not enough to stop shooting but still enough to disrupt shoot.
First issue was regular restart error notice ID121:0 . Camera was connected to iMac via supplied usb c cable and then attached to tether tools powered
cable . Have stopped using the DC power adapter and not having as many failures .Not sure but think above error is to do with back overheating, so maybe powered cable has something to do with that issue .
Next issue is one that has just started . Sometimes appears on capture but mainly when I apply any changes to file in phocus I get this weird pixelation over the file. Thought it might be cable connecting iMac to eizo screen but no as it still happens if phocus is in single window mode and just on iMac. Once you do another change ie move a curve it goes away . Doesn't appear to effect final processed file either . Any thoughts out there, thanks, Will

hgtate

Dagmar_L

I have the same pixelation on Imac screen - quite often, but not always. With previous version of Phocus it was right half of the screen black.

wmepp

hgtate, iso is usually 64 or 100. Spoke to Ben , he has the same issue , presuming its a software thing?

NickT

William this looks like a software thing. Are you seeing this at 100% in Phocus or just at lower resolutions?

Can you let us know which Mac OS and version of Phocus you are running, also Machine spec and video card.

Cheers
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

wmepp

Nick, How are you mate? Seems to be at all resolutions . Mac OS 10.13.1  Phocus 3.3.2 and iMac Retina 5K Late 1014  4GHz i7 and AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB. Might just go back to previous Phocus and see what happens ?

NickT

Quote from: wmepp on November 27, 2017, 06:51:10 PM
Might just go back to previous Phocus and see what happens ?

Yeah totally, very likely a bug I would say. BTW always check files at 100% in Phocus, it lower resolutions you are only seeming the embedded preview and sometimes the problem is in the preview. I'll link this thread to a guy who knows and see what he says.

bernardl

Is the issue also visible when converting the files in Lightroom or Iridient?

Cheers,
Bernard

NickT

Just heard back from Denmark. This is an Apple issue to do with Core image and 10 bit displays. Denmark have asked Apple to fix and are trying to find a workaround in the mean time.

wmepp

Hey Nick , That would be great! As much as the extra pepper look can be great its getting a bit annoying ! W

wmepp

Nick, So that means it is a recent software / hardware issue . Went to download earlier version of phocus from Hasselblad  site and now I could not see archived versions ! W

carstengp

I'm told that the software archive is due to appear on the restyled site any moment. However I have no indications that this is connected with a specific Phocus release. It is related to 10 bit displays so I won't rule out that going back more than a year to 3.0.4 could make a change given that 10 bit support was added in 3.1 but then you will not be utilizing the full dynamic range of the display. My problem right now is that on a 2017 MBP running 10.13.1 I find it very difficult to provoke the issue - will be doing more testing on a 5K iMac where I thing it is more prominent.

wmepp

Hey carstengp, thanks for the response . Issue is quite recent . iMac was fine before with 100c when using g older OS ie pre Sierra . Maybe something to do with Apple OS? , thanks, Will

wmepp

Just wondering if there had been any updates to this issue ? Still happening and really annoying! Aaarrgh!