Cambo CA-XCD

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeC

Has anyone here tried the Cambo CA-XCD, now available from B&H here? I'm curious about how the Canon T/S lenses do with the Cambo adapter and the X1D.

Joe

tcdeveau

Hi Joe, Capture Integration also carries the CA-XCD adapter.  I've seen at least one person use it on GetDPI and it seems to do what it's supposed to.  Another posted on the X1D Facebook Group with 17mm TS-E images and again, it seems to do what it's supposed to.  Results look pretty good.  I was going to pull the trigger on an adapter myself when they started shipping, but ran out of funds. 

Kipon also has an adapter (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kipon-Electronic-Aperture-Adapter-for-Canon-EOS-to-Hasselblad-X1D-Camera/112618359217?hash=item1a3893c9b1:g:9SEAAOSwvTpZ8qPq) that seems to provide the same functionality of the Cambo at a fraction of the cost ($370 vs $1185).  Some ppl here have posted using it.  While I want to support Cambo and appreciate their presence at GetDPI, it's hard to justify the Cambo adapter when the Kipon is a fraction of the price all else being equal.  The price delta between the two adapters would put a pretty big dent in the cost of a 17mm TS-E. 
-Todd

BTW looking forward to seeing your 120mm XCD impressions (and images)!