The Kipon HB-X1D adapter arrived

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Borgström

Coming home from a camera walk today a little package from China was placed at my door. The ordered Kiopn adapter arrived after 13 days. My intention is to try my old  V-lenses, especially the 250mm for landscape work. Maybe... Til I have saved for a X1D tele and Hasselblad makes and ships it this will do.

Attached is a photo with the Sonnar CF 5,6/250 Superacromat using the Kipon apter and the e-shutter.

Eric Borgström

Quote from: galoubet on November 14, 2017, 06:14:47 AM

Did you buy it via the Ebay site for $180 and pay on PayPal? I can't see any other way of getting one.

I'll get one in the New Year as I'm off to Thailand next week for 2 months. It's a little warmer there than here in London just now. About 25C warmer!

Ebay and Paypal and DHL. Worked well. Good luck in Thailand. We are off for South Africa  just for two weeks. And no, I will not bring the X1D. A longish zoom will be better.

Michael H. Cothran

Questions about the HB-X1D adapter -
1. How does the aperture function?  In other words, after setting the aperture on the Zeiss lens, does it remain open until fired, or does it stop down immediately?
2. Do you still have access to Focus Peaking for focus confirmation?

Eric Borgström

Quote from: Michael H. Cothran on November 15, 2017, 02:43:25 AM
Questions about the HB-X1D adapter -
1. How does the aperture function?  In other words, after setting the aperture on the Zeiss lens, does it remain open until fired, or does it stop down immediately?
2. Do you still have access to Focus Peaking for focus confirmation?
1. Apperture adjustment on the Zeiss lens. You step down manually. Nothing changes as you fire.
2. You do have access to Focus Peaking.
100% magnification alone or in combination with peaking works too for that matter.

The lens is used at the B shutter setting on the lens. (Modified: Shutter time does not matter as it does not fire. Just cock it to leave it open)

But the adapter is just a well made black metal pipe that attaches to X1D on one end and the V-lens on the other end. There is a spring loaded lever on the lens end to release the lens.

Michael H. Cothran

Thanks Eric. I assumed as much. I still own a mint condition CF250 lens that I'd like to use since I don't seem to be able to sell it on Ebay for more than a couple hundred US dollars. Just not worth it for me to sell it that cheaply.

Eric Borgström

A problem; Phocus software does not allow for the V-lens adjustments when shot with the X1D. Shot on the V with a CFV-50c back however it is there to be applied. Why?
Will lens adjustment work with Hasselblad´s own adapter if it arrives? And, as an aside, how come Kipon beat Hasselblad to produce an adapter. Hasselblad must have lead time knowledge. But it will perhaps be "better".

Eric Borgström

Here the 250 SA at f/8 with the Kipon adapter. The detail on the iMac screen is impressive.

Eric Borgström

Quote from: galoubet on November 20, 2017, 03:06:47 AM
Can you post a small section of that photo, say the house opposite, at full resolution? I'd be very interested in the definition of the Sonnar lens with the X1D....

House at 100%. Click!

esslingen

I'm looking for this adapter HB-X1D, but I can not find it, can you tell me exactly where I can find it?
Thank you
Jaume

esslingen

sanglier

Hello, X1D, Kippon et zeiss milvus 135mmF2 ZF2