SD Card Door Crack

Previous topic - Next topic

Neimad

Does anyone have the same issue with the SD Door being cracked? (see the two photos attached to this post)
I actually did not know it was broken until someone else told me about it.

The door can still open and close. It actually works normally. You have to visually check it to know that it is broken.
I suspect that this is a design failure, as I don't remember having forced the Card door.

Neimad

No one else has the same issue?

Neimad

It seems that no one on this forum has this issue.

For your information, I opened a topic on this issue on the Facebook page: "Fan Page - Hasselblad X1D User Group"
There is already a significant number of users with the same issue. Few of them posted photos.
I attached some of these photos in this post

Neimad

The defect was identified by Hasselblad as they were doing repair for the issue on the thumb wheel. They asked me to pay $347.34 to repair this piece of plastic. They told me that this issue is not covered by the warranty.

Domip

ronjh

The first picture does look the plastic that holds down does seem to be broken off. However, the subsequent pictures do not look the same. I looked  at my own x1d in direct sunlight and while does have a slightly crooked or jagged edge shape on the molding holding the rod, it definitely  is not cracked but it might look so.

mattlam

Check my camera today and find the same crack but not noticeable.

hcubell

The SD Card Door assembly is way too flimsy for a camera at this price point.

fsprow

Seekwul

I have the same crack on mine (a 4116); was there when I took it out of the box. B&H told me they'd gladly swap it out for a replacement but that there was no guarantee that the replacement wouldn't have the same issue. I figure at some point Hasselblad will fix this in production; B&H told me I have until 2/1/2018 to return the camera, so I might as well use it for a while and then return it for one without this defect.

Small thing... but it's a $9K camera so I don't think "no cracks in the plastic" is too much to ask.

urbmyr

Had to check mine as well. It's also broken >:(

Greg

Mine is cracked, too.  Since no force has ever been applied to the door, and my camera has not been abused in any way, it has to be a design flaw.  So sad Hasselblad has not recognized as such and repaired at no cost.  Actually, it is extremely poor customer relations to have the gaul to CHARGE a lot of money for the repair.  Having to pay shipping charges for the repair would be an insult to me.  The design flaw (thin crappy plastic) should be repaired with metal and done at NO cost.   

sanglier

Domip

Maybe it was intentional... not a crack but was needed to insert something, or re-fix something...??

tedtrimmer