X1d and Leica M lenses

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitric

Hello hello -

W0W... thank you indeed it works  :)
Enjoy your week-end guys.

- Dimitri

sepiareverb

Very excited to see some of my M glass on the X1d. The ZM 15/2.8 might be very fun.

Dimitric

Hello -

Quote from: sepiareverb on January 27, 2018, 09:11:15 AM
Very excited to see some of my M glass on the X1d. The ZM 15/2.8 might be very fun.

To be honest, this is not a panacea...
As already said previously on this forum, it works "well" with "classic" lenses like 90, 50 may be 35.
But with "wide angle"... Hmmmm  :o

I have tried it:

• with a Summilux 21 (you have a result on the previous page),
  • with a Zeiss Distagon ZM 15 (you see some parts of the lens on your picture), and I don't speak about the huge magenta halo around the picture
  • with a Voigtlander 10mm (you see a lot of parts of the lens on your picture),

"Plus" points:

• Your Distagon ZM 15 will become ± a 12mm, and
  • the Voigtlander becomes ± a 8mm!!!

Sharpness is very impressive (at least to me), much more than with the Leica M10 (for example), but it has a severe price (ie. you'll have to crop the picture)   ;)

- Dimitri

Imagecrazy

Yep, the tests I have done between X1d and my M(246) is am getting sharper images on the X1d using same lens. All things equal on a tripod.  Very impressive.  Almost good enough, with some differences in darks doing conversion to b/w, to drop my M.  However, for general use, the M 246 is just a very small difference and much easier to use for Leica glass.  For hand held, the silence of the electronic shutter on the X1d gives me no sensation a shot has been taken, which I don't like.  Haven't updated yet to the latest X1d firmware, but if they haven't added an audible beep to the electronic shutter, would like to have it.  For now, when I use Leica glass, will be on tripod on the X1d.

alkaabi

I can't get my self to use it. it's a nice thought, but once I use it all sort of issues start showing up. it is basically for static objects, and I mean dead still. I think HB can improve the electronic Shutter a little bit more so it can be useful. that's of course my take at it. I have the converter and couple of M lenses but not happy with the result. I wonder if anyone is using it on a professional capacity !

Idea: Unless of course someone can come up with a converter that has a mechanical (or maybe electronic ) shutter builtin.

rent

Just for kicks, here's a shot with Noctilux-M 0.95/50 at wide open, ISO 200, 1/50 sec. This is a 5300x5300 center crop of the heavily vignetted image out of the X1D.

Alex
Alex Jiang

Instagram

BostonBoy

@ rent: I think this is a very good result from the Leica M glass. I still have a whole bunch of R-Glass, and some M-Lenses (35/50/90) which I consider to buy other adapters for. Given their relative compactness I consider this a bit more practical solution than the big Nikon glass (to carry around at least). Thanks for sharing!