Exporting issue

Previous topic - Next topic

alharding

Hello all,

I've been using Phocus for several years and with the new update I've had several unsuccessful bouts exporting. In short, the exported image looks nothing like the image does in Phocus. I've remembered to 'modify' the selected images, hopefully preserving changes, but nothing travels through the export. I've tried numerous file types with the only one preserving changes being JPEG. I'm completely at a loss. I would like to export to TIFF-16, but each time i do this none of the changes are carrying through. I've tried reinstalling, exporting using different presets, nearly everything I can think of to no avail. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Al

alharding

P.S. I tried to import/export through lightroom and photoshop and it says the files could be damaged. I'm profoundly confused by this as they still are in phocus and look fine..

NickT

Al
First thing is to check the files at 100% in Phocus, anything below that you are often looking at the embedded preview.

Just FYI when you save the file IS modified so no need to modify first.

Can you explain the difference between the exported file and what you see in Phocus?
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Domip

Always Safe in Preferences/Save Adjustments ?

alharding

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply
I attached a few images of the same file. They are very abstract but you'll see that they look very different. A is a jpeg export from phocus, which seems to work correctly in terms of preserving appearance. B is a jpeg from a TIFF export. They don't look the same. I'm confused as this only seems to be an issue with this batch of images..

alharding

alharding

Quote from: Domip on October 29, 2017, 11:16:39 PM
Always Safe in Preferences/Save Adjustments ?

Thanks, this is selected however? Seriously at a loss..

Domip

alharding

alharding

Nick, I think you're right. THere is a difference in the preview and a 100% view. The previews are off. The captured multi shots are different. The object I'm shooting is not static, exactly. I think in this case, it may be more noticeable as the object is in motion..In short, I think I can make these work. Thanks to all. Al
Quote from: NickT on October 29, 2017, 05:40:51 PM
Al
First thing is to check the files at 100% in Phocus, anything below that you are often looking at the embedded preview.

Just FYI when you save the file IS modified so no need to modify first.

Can you explain the difference between the exported file and what you see in Phocus?