XCD 120mm lens shipped

Previous topic - Next topic

BradP

Just called B&H and my May 22 order was not part of the current delivery.  They confirmed that some lenses had shipped out, and said I was close, possibly able to receive it during their next shipment "depending on how big it is".   I guess that's some comfort.  So Galoubet, I'm in your camp. 

Howard if you're still there, congrats.  Let us know what it's like.  For those of us still waiting at B&H, if you could let us know when did you placed your order it would be appreciated. 

hcubell

My order was placed on April 3, same as Joe.

JoeC

I ordered on April 3 and it's on the UPS truck for delivery today, November 27. It gets dark early this time of year so no outdoor shots until tomorrow.

Joe

hcubell

I received my 120mm Macro yesterday. I have not had a chance to shoot with it yet, but one thing I noticed that is quite interesting is that the sound of  the leaf shutter in this lens is VERY different. As we all know, there is a distinctive, metallic-type sound from the leaf shutter in the existing XCD lenses. The 120mm shutter sounds much more "solid" and the shutter itself seems damped. Another thing I noticed is that the lens is heavier than its size would indicate. It's quite a bit smaller than the Fuji GFX 120mm Macro yet they weigh close to the same. Interesting how Fuji is keeping the weight of its GFX lenses down.

rent

Precision Camera in Austin, TX has one in stock at the moment. http://www.precision-camera.com/hasselblad-xcd-120mm-f-3-5-macro-lens/ or call them and ask for Sarah Hoffman in their online sales department.

Feel free to let her know I referred you.

Thanks!
Alex
Alex Jiang

Instagram

BradP

Awesome.  On the phone with them now.  One copy only, but it looks like I'm getting it.  If I could give you more likes, I would!!!

rent

Alex Jiang

Instagram

hcubell

BradP

Got it today about 6 hours ago.  I ran it through my somewhat makeshift new lens chart tests and I'm confident it's a good copy.  Thanks again for the tip Alex.

Initial comments:  Very sharp.  Excellent detail.  Very flat field.  I believe the MPF charts though didn't conduct those measurements  - detail just about the same in the center and four corners.   Wide open the focus plane cuts like a blade through warm butter.   At least with a few quick handheld shots in the garden (it's raining, cloudy and windy today), rendition seems pretty exciting and I can't wait to shoot it more.  I do wish it came in a 1:1 version, but otherwise difficult to complain at the moment.   I'll take some more shots and write up a brief review a bit later since there's very little out there yet.

tedtrimmer

I wonder if it would be possible to have a Hasselblad macro adapter, ( along the same lines as the Leica M macro-adapter), and then use it with mid-range Hasselblad X lenses.  While I enjoyed the Leica S 120mm Macro Lens it was too glassy and difficult to focus.

Michael H. Cothran

Quote from: tedtrimmer on December 11, 2017, 10:09:30 AM
I wonder if it would be possible to have a Hasselblad macro adapter, ( along the same lines as the Leica M macro-adapter), and then use it with mid-range Hasselblad X lenses.  While I enjoyed the Leica S 120mm Macro Lens it was too glassy and difficult to focus.

A bellows unit or extension tubes would do exactly what you want. I would not hold my breath for a dedicated XCD version though. Instead, I recently bought a Kipon Hass-to-X1D adapter. Then I bought a used Hasselblad auto bellows off Ebay, along with a CF 135 Makro Planar lens. Goes 1:1. But the REAL beauty here is that ANY C or FE lens can now be mounted to the front of the bellows, yielding an instant "macro" lens for any focal length that Zeiss ever made. And for the cheap prices of Hass/Zeiss lenses these days, I may quickly purchase a CF 250 lens, which will yield a 1:2 mag ratio mounted to the bellows.

Mr-Anderson

siddhaarta

Seems that the waiting list has not been that long at all. As of today, the lens is already in stock at B&H.

hugenoot

>:( Still have to wait in NL, i'll be the first in 2018 they promised...

jcheld

Found One in Stock Today at Precision Camera in Austin TX.
Almost can't believe it, as local NY dealers were quoting as much as 3 months to get.