X1D LCD Screen Protector

Previous topic - Next topic

hcubell

Has anyone found a screen protector for the LCD screen for X1D that is (a) configured for the exact dimensions of the screen, (b) easy to apply, and (c) durable? The one that came with the X1D was actually quite durable. I tried one by BBAR that was difficult to apply and started to come off after a bit of rain.
Thanks.

BradP

Very interested to see responses here.  Depending on your tolerance for going bare (mine has no protection right now), I would wait until some manufacturer really cuts them correctly and that is verified by reviewers here or from multiple verified purchasers on Amazon.  Many manufacturers are marketing protectors "for the X1D" that are NOT cut correctly to size, and the problem is especially around the viewer.  I bought the most expensive one on Amazon and, like almost all the others that had reviews, it wasn't cut correctly for the viewer.  I tried to make it fit but after two attempts just threw it away.  Since I compose a lot in live view, I'd rather go bare than have bubbles or smudges.   

pflower

Have these been cut to accommodate the viewfinder?  I bought a couple from Amazon with a photograph showing the cut out but when they arrived they hadn't been cut out.

Quote from: galoubet on October 17, 2017, 06:42:54 AM
Mine is made by SLABO in Germany. I got them from Amazon (UK).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSMD1IE/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1

They cost just £2 for two protectors.

I applied one in April when I got my X1D and it's been attached ever since. I should say it didn't quite fit (a little oversized) and needed a tiny bit of trimming. Applying it wasn't very successful as it's left bubbles on the surface. However these do not distract from viewing the screen at all. Seems very durable and of course I have a spare should I need it. The touch screen is still very sensitive even with the protector (and bubbles!) in place.

Hope that helps.

elwood

Quote from: galoubet on October 19, 2017, 05:58:26 AM
Looks good. Which one did you buy?

That one

upscreen® Reflection Shield Matte Premium Screen Protector for Hasselblad X1D-50c

It's really easy to install it, just make sure to clean your screen before.
I used a lens cleaner solution, let it dry and then installed the screen protector.

pflower

Again, do these come with a cut out for the viewfinder?  I bought a couple from the same website based upon the photos, but they were rectangular and too large.

Thanks

Quote from: elwood on October 19, 2017, 07:09:15 PM
Quote from: galoubet on October 19, 2017, 05:58:26 AM
Looks good. Which one did you buy?

That one

upscreen® Reflection Shield Matte Premium Screen Protector for Hasselblad X1D-50c

It's really easy to install it, just make sure to clean your screen before.
I used a lens cleaner solution, let it dry and then installed the screen protector.

sqarehole

I bought this one from Amazon, and it has the cut out...a wee bit smaller than the full LCD, but covers the important parts and goes on without bubbles etc.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/atFoliX-Protective-Hasselblad-X1D-Protector/dp/B01IN2MDYM/ref=sr_1_1?srs=2173037031&ie=UTF8&qid=1508706769&sr=8-1&keywords=hasselblad

BradP

elwood

Quote from: galoubet on October 24, 2017, 08:42:53 AM
Quote from: pflower on October 20, 2017, 10:34:13 PM
Again, do these come with a cut out for the viewfinder?  I bought a couple from the same website based upon the photos, but they were rectangular and too large.

My "Upscreen" protector arrive this morning from Germany. It's a perfect fit, cut-out and all. Went on without bubbles or dust. I like the matt finish although I haven't as yet tested if it cuts down on reflections. The weather here in London has been lousy, not conducive to photography.

Thanks to elwood for the recommendation.

No worries 8)
I tried to take a picture to show how it deflects reflections but we have bad weather in Paris too.

hcubell

Quote from: BradP on October 24, 2017, 10:16:50 AM
Thanks much. Just ordered mine.  The US Amazon link is here.  https://www.amazon.com/upscreen-Hasselblad-Protection-Transparency-Multitouch/dp/B01M8IV1Y4

I ordered one as well. I think it arrives from Germany early next year!

hcubell

Quote from: hcubell on October 25, 2017, 04:44:02 AM
Quote from: BradP on October 24, 2017, 10:16:50 AM
Thanks much. Just ordered mine.  The US Amazon link is here.  https://www.amazon.com/upscreen-Hasselblad-Protection-Transparency-Multitouch/dp/B01M8IV1Y4

I ordered one as well. I think it arrives from Germany early next year!

Arrived a bit early. [G] Excellent fit and a pretty seamless application without any bubbles. Given my skill in applying protective screens, that's really saying something. I am very pleased with it and ordered two more. I am interested to see how it handles a bit of rain.

BradP

I finally put mine on and have never had a more perfectly cut and well thought out screen protector.  The X1D screen-based controls work just as before.   I'm 56 years old, and have lived through through the entire screen protector revolution, so I know what I'm talking about!

Sometimes it's the more expensive less expensive things that bring a smile.  And this one comes in a nice package with a microfiber cloth, cleaning tissue and glass safe applicator blade. 

Nice job, upscreen. 

I have no affiliation with upscreen other than having bought into the platform.  😉

hcubell