Car charger for X1D Battery?

Previous topic - Next topic

michael123

We are thinking to take out X1D to our holiday

Since the battery holds for merely 90 minutes, two that we already have won't suffice, so I've ordered a 3rd one.
I thought maybe there is something we can use as a car charger, just in case even three batteries will be discharged

Any suggestions?

ceoofhell

Have you thought about a Converter 12->220 (or 110) Volts? Then you can use  your Hasselblad Charger. I use such  thing occassionaly to re-charge my MacBook Pro. Keep an eye on your carbattery.

michael123

Thanks!

Ordered one 150W from Amazon just now

Domip

Quote from: ceoofhell on July 28, 2018, 02:57:34 AM
Have you thought about a Converter 12->220 (or 110) Volts? Then you can use  your Hasselblad Charger. I use such  thing occassionaly to re-charge my MacBook Pro. Keep an eye on your carbattery.
That's a very good trick. But do you an idea of how much your car battery is losing for charging once you MBPro?

michael123

I meant to charge during the ride.. as a backup plan, not to stuck in the middle of Tuscany with an empty battery

BTW the danger I think is to blow the fuse in the car

ceoofhell

@domip: I only used  the Charger while driving. So far no problem at all.
I would test it in your garage with a jumpstarter in close distance. You could also buy a measurement device (ampermeter? I Do not know the englisch word) on amazon.

Anyway, the risk is manageable (IMO).

Michael

sog1927

Looking at the label on the Hasselblad AC charger, it only draws 0.28 amps at 110 volts. Even allowing for power losses in the inverter (they're not 100% efficient), it's probably only drawing 5-6 amps from the 12 volt lighter socket, if that. A little quick Googling tells me that most car cigarette lighters draw 15-20 amps at 12 volts, so I think you're more than safe.