Phocus 3.3 - Extended GPU Usage - Issues...? PC/Windows 10 x64 bit

Previous topic - Next topic

DenisM

In Preferences/Extended GPU Usage, if I click on the ?, I see the following message (by the way, the Extended GPU Usage box is ticked)

"Although you seem to have at least an OpenCL 1.2 driver installed, Phocus was unable to use it. Please check your computer or graphics card manufacturer website for an updated graphics driver."

The card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.

The driver is Driver Version: 22.21.13.8233

Any idea why I'm not able to use OpenCL?

Thanks.

D.

DenisM

Quote from: galoubet on October 07, 2017, 09:39:29 PM
NVIDIA doesn't support OpenCL. I have the same problem with my GeForce card. Really annoying!

Thanks.

I wonder if it would be possible to use a third-party driver for the card that would support OpenCL?

D.

DenisM

Ps.

So, what is different about this statement here?

https://developer.nvidia.com/opencl

" OpenCL support is included in the latest NVIDIA GPU drivers, available at www.nvidia.com/drivers "

Thanks.

D.

DenisM

Quote from: galoubet on October 08, 2017, 12:01:26 AM
Sorry, I should have clarified my post. NVIDIA only supports OpenCL 1.1 not 2.0 that Phocus uses. But I have a very old computer running a GeForce 9800 so I am often running into update problems.

I just went to the NVIDIA site and used their auto detector to detect my card and driver (you have to have Java installed to use this feature; easiest to use it via Internet Explorer).

It suggested a new driver (385.69) which I downloaded and installed.

Now, when I click on the question mark in Phocus/Preferences/Extended GPU Usage, I see the message, "Your graphics adapter is compatible. NVIDIA CUDA, OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 9.0.191 - GeForce GTX 1070, Gpu, OpenCL 1.2 CUDA"

So, all seems well now.

D.