H6D stability

Previous topic - Next topic

nickfranken

Hi there,

I'm the owner of a h5d-50c and before this one I owned a h3d. With both camera's I had a lot of stability issues. Now they say the h6d comes with a brand new electronic circuit. But what is your experience with this camera? How does it tether? How is the WiFi connection? How often is there a digital back problem, how often does it say" reattach" lens. How often does it say "restart camera"?

I hope somebody can give me some feedback on this one.

Thanks

TimH

I have owned many H cameras, including the ones you mentioned.  I shoot in the field and often under difficult circumstances and have found the same issues, more or less, on all versions of the system.  The H6D-100c may be a bit more stable than earlier versions--especially now that I have my 35-90 back from New Jersey--but I still occasionally get the "restart camera" warning every once in a while.   

bdp

I had problems with my H6D when it was new but after 3 visits back to Sweden it is now rock solid and has not given me one error in daily use for 6 months. Tethering over USB seems much more stable than the firewire days.

Jordan

"3 visits back to Sweden"?!?! How long did each visit take? Did you always have your original camera returned to you or was it ever replaced with a new one?

bdp

Luckily I had a loaner from my dealer every time so I could keep working. It was their demo camera, so they were without it for many weeks, so I'm very grateful for that. Sometimes it was there for 6 weeks. Hasselblad said if they didn't get it right the third time they would just replace the camera. But it seems they finally found out whatever disease it had and cured it.

Ben

davidthescot

I too have owned a lot of Hasselblad cameras and have progressed all the way from an H3D-31 to my present H6D-100C.  I only ever had one problem which was with the firewire connector on a H3D-39 but otherwise all trouble free (touching wood).  I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade - the new 100MP camera is a wonder.

NickT

It's small comfort to those of you having issues but I wanted to point out that no one ever posts to say "Hey everyone things are going great" so the forum does tend to over represent the negative stories. It is always good to post those negative experiences but people shouldn't assume that they are the whole story.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

cerett

Quote from: NickT on October 08, 2017, 02:51:45 PM
It's small comfort to those of you having issues but I wanted to point out that no one ever posts to say "Hey everyone things are going great" so the forum does tend to over represent the negative stories. It is always good to post those negative experiences but people shouldn't assume that they are the whole story.

I totally agree. However, as silly as it sounds, I hate to say anything too positive when these problems arise for fear of jinxing myself. It sort of like "There but for the grace of God, go I." That being said, I love my 100c and have had no significant problems.

mkerouac

I have owned the H6D100c since January.  I've only used it in studio and only tethered.  But, not even one hiccup or reset.  (Knocking on wood).  I'm very happy with the camera.

sortvitt

Owned one since Oct 2016. Dropped it on a concrete floor from the back of my car - viewfinder and focus screen popped off. Put them back on and didn't miss a beat. No issues with camera in either studio or outdoors - except the occasional restart which seems less than I had with the H5D.