H6D fails again

Previous topic - Next topic

rem

I'm now really very disappointet and frustrated. My new H6D100C fails after two weeks again :(
Auxilliary Shutter Problem... Yes, I see.
Rem

hassel_adrian

Wow thats hardcore...

so second time, same failure, if I get it right!?

Did they exchange the body in service one just the parts?

DJPixelMan

Personally, I'd ask for a complete replacement.

rem

This Camera is two weeks old and is a replacement for my first 100C. The first had every time a communication error (121:0 or so). Also after 2 repairs.

So, I think they will not replace this camera again, but of course, I would prefere that!

Rem

Jordan

I sent mine off for repair a month ago at this point. You've had to have yours fixed 2 times already?

rem

Jordan, you have the same error with your Hassy: "Aux Shutter Problem"?

Jordan

Hi Rem,
No I had that same error 1210 or so... then it just wouldn't work at all. The auxiliary shutter should be a quick and simple fix comparatively. Did yours have to go back twice for the error 1210?

rem

Jordan, I had the error very often and while I was in Sweden I visited Hasselblad in Gothenburg. First they cleaned all the contacts (camera was a free weeks old). But the same error occurs. Then they changed in a bit more than an hour all contacts between body and back. When I switched the camera on, same error. So I let the camera in Gothenburg. I had then to wait about one month (they changed the sensor) till the camera was coming to me in Switzerland. But, same error. And, the body had two signs from working with the tool.
Long story in a few weeks ;-)

But, I find the people at Hasselblad great, very helpful and communicative. Some time things go wrong and I would be happy when my camera is back and hopefully is working perfect.
rem

DJPixelMan

If the camera is under warranty, I would return it to the shop where I bought it, ask for a complete replacement or my money back. What you describe is absolutely ridiculous for a VERY expensive camera.

rem

The camera is two weeks old and be sure, the people at Hasselblad are looking very good. Everything will be fine!

DJPixelMan

Well, naturally, I wish you all the best for a speedy resolution of the problem!

rem

Thanks a lot. In the time between I have a loaner H6D100c  :-)
Rem

Jordan

Rem-
I don't know how you've maintained such good humor in regards to this. In my case I've missed out on work and just being able to use the camera I invested so much into. They did send me a 50c as a loaner after 2 weeks, but it's just an approximation of the camera I purchased.

nickfranken

I have the error often with my h5d, i'm Willing to upgrade to a h6d, but as I read this......i'm Scared. And maybe it would be better to spend my money on a DSLR and get rid of the hb?

SrMi

Quote from: nickfranken on October 06, 2017, 06:40:51 AM
I have the error often with my h5d, i'm Willing to upgrade to a h6d, but as I read this......i'm Scared. And maybe it would be better to spend my money on a DSLR and get rid of the hb?

I have upgraded from H5D to H6D and find H6D more stable. YMMV, so it is important to have a good dealer that you can work with if you have a problem with your camera. I personally have been happy with HB support.