H lenses + H6-100C + Cropping?

Previous topic - Next topic

maxshafiq

I recalled somewhere reading the sensor circle will crop if certain lenses are used on the 100C back such as the 35-90mm

I am not sure if I understand the science/logic behind this.

Does it mean one should not use crop lenses on the 100C as opposed to the 50C? Am I making any sense?

Any help understanding this would help.

Thx

Max

rem

Max, I use the 35-90mm and the 24mm without any problems. You have to take care with when u use a filter (vignetting)or sunshade (24mm).

When you import the files to Lightroom, there is no crop. With Phocus there is a crop but you can change this.

Hope this helps.
rem

bernardl

The 28mm requires some slight croping but otherwise performs very well on the H6D-100c.

Cheers,
Bernard

HiroshiS

Hi, I am currently testing the 100C back and Rem you state that you can avoid the automatic cropping of the HCD lenses in Phocus? How is this done? Thanks!

HiroshiS

OK, figured it out, by unchecking the auto-crop HCD box in the general preferences...

rmorse

I believe all the HCD lenses are designed for the 1.3 crop sensors(40M CCD, 50M CMOS).  As such Phocus unless told otherwise (through preferences) will do an auto crop on any image, from a camera with the larger sensor.  (i.e. the 60M (1.0 Crop), 50M CCD (1.1 Crop) and the 100M (1.0 Crop).

The HC lenses are designed for a standard 6x6 film size, thus no cropping on any sensor is required, and handle the TS adaptor.

Robert

hvk

Quote from: rmorse on February 21, 2018, 03:08:52 PM
I believe all the HCD lenses are designed for the 1.3 crop sensors(40M CCD, 50M CMOS).  As such Phocus unless told otherwise (through preferences) will do an auto crop on any image, from a camera with the larger sensor.  (i.e. the 60M (1.0 Crop), 50M CCD (1.1 Crop) and the 100M (1.0 Crop).

This is incorrect. There is no cropping when using HCD lenses on 1.1 crop sensors (22, 39 and 50 MP CCD).

/Henrik