Theoria Apophasis really bashes the X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

I watched this video with teeth gritting and fist clenching. He is a Fuji fan, and quite an opponent to Hasselblad. I thought I would share it with this group. His remarks, while at times quite accurate, were not so much the issue I had with him, but rather with his childish attitude & laughter in his presentation that just made my blood curl.
He gets about as nasty on the X1D, AND the photographers that use it, as possible. Be prepared to be insulted if you choose to watch it. >:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJV5_8E9ArY

PS - He makes a nasty reference to another You Tube poster early on, who did a video box opening of the new X1D "kit." The poster is Matt Granger, which many of you know from You Tube. Here is a link to the Matt Granger video that Mr Apophasis also bashes -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLq4jzqtNks

sanglier

The drool of the crack does not reach the white dove.

romeobravophoto

Quote from: Michael H. Cothran on September 18, 2017, 06:57:32 AM
I watched this video with teeth gritting and fist clenching. He is a Fuji fan, and quite an opponent to Hasselblad. I thought I would share it with this group. His remarks, while at times quite accurate, were not so much the issue I had with him, but rather with his childish attitude & laughter in his presentation that just made my blood curl.
He gets about as nasty on the X1D, AND the photographers that use it, as possible. Be prepared to be insulted if you choose to watch it. >:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJV5_8E9ArY

PS - He makes a nasty reference to another You Tube poster early on, who did a video box opening of the new X1D "kit." The poster is Matt Granger, which many of you know from You Tube. Here is a link to the Matt Granger video that Mr Apophasis also bashes -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLq4jzqtNks

I loathe the Angry Photographer.  I refuse to watch his videos because he crams about 2 mins of info into a 10min video.  I think he is the human embodiment of an internet troll.  Oh, and he may be the worst photographer on the planet:
http://www.jasonlanier.com/blog/2017/6/12/the-shoot-between-jason-lanier-and-ken-wheeler-the-angry-photographer-using-the-sony-a9-and-the-fuji-gfx

Anyway, I did a comparison between the X1D and the Fuji GFX:
http://www.romeobravophoto.com/medium-format-battle/

This is what Ken (The Angry Photographer) sent me via my contact page:
"Jesus Xrist, how did you fathom to pick that buggy POS Hassy X1d over the GFX ? hugs N Luvin*"

So when you said he bashes some people about the X1D, I wondered if one of those was me?
He reads from my blog (my X1D Cons section) WORD for WORD.

What a POS.

hcubell

I couldn't watch more than 2 minutes of the "review" before turning it off. A seriously unattractive human being to look at or listen to. I had to remind myself that he was not part of a SNL comedy skit like Wayne's World doing a camera review.

xpixel

Quote from: romeobravophoto on September 23, 2017, 05:45:11 PM

Anyway, I did a comparison between the X1D and the Fuji GFX:
http://www.romeobravophoto.com/medium-format-battle/

This should a serious comparison between the X1D and the Fuji GFX? Sorry NEVER.

BradP

I usually enjoy The Angry Photographer (Theoria Apophasis).  He has some helpful things to say occasionally and can be entertaining, even though one can often disagree with his conclusions.  It looks like many people disagree with his X1D review based on the large proportion of thumbs down, and many more people agree with Matt Granger.  So that feedback seems as it should be.

Handling a GFX in the video, Theoria admitted that he hadn't actually demoed an X1D. He should demo one. Having actually tried both, I know that changed my mind.

Hassilistic

That's a wasted hours of your life you're never getting back!
If you will entertain such nonsense then make it count, go attack him, post back, release a counter podcast.  Otherwise put your energy to good use elsewhere.  As these people feed on the attention we give them.  Ignore them and they will parish.

Cheers,

BillW

I believe he has done the same thing with Leica camera's. He comes across as more of a troll than a reviewer. He wants you to click on his video...!
Thanks
Bill

david distefano

it's not just him. you see hasselblad bashing at luminous landscape, dpi, etc. it seems if you were to graph out camera companies being bashed, hasselblad is number 1. my question is, what is it about hasselblad that people have to bash it. yes they made some mistakes but so have the other camera companies. i started with my dads hasselblad so far back in time it scares me. bought my first one in 1978, and have had hasselblad since, with no problems or complaints. i personally think phase one is an over priced item but i am not going to denigrate it or those who use the product. it seems as if photographers  have to destroy a camera system they don't use, to make them feel good about their camera system. sony fanboys are the worst in this regard. why can't we just use what "floats our boat" and all have fun making images?

JimBrennan

People that bash Hasselblad are jealous because they can't afford one. Most have never even used the camera, do not understand medium format, and want to compare it to a dlsr.

Greg

Quote from: JimBrennan on November 05, 2018, 01:56:25 PM
People that bash Hasselblad are jealous because they can't afford one. Most have never even used the camera, do not understand medium format, and want to compare it to a dlsr.

I understand what you are saying, but there is more to it than that, or people would be as aggressive and critical of Phase One products.  Hasselblad bashing has been going on as long as they have ventured into the digital world.  Honestly, I have not figured out the reason/s yet.  But, it is almost like a dog chasing an cat, and all the dogs in the neighborhood joining in on the chase.  I have gotten so used to it, that I try my best to ignore it and go on.  My choice of Hasselblad equipment, on its own merits, is not a decision I second guess, because it serves my needs so fully that I am totally satisfied.  I certainly pay attention to Hasselblad users who have specific problems with their equipment so that I can address these problems if they show up in my equipment.  But, I assess the bashers about the same way I do the bombastic jerk I am unfortunate enough to encounter at a party or dinner.

Greg       

michael123

Quote from: JimBrennan on November 05, 2018, 01:56:25 PM
People that bash Hasselblad are jealous because they can't afford one.

Exactly
Resembles attacking iPhones in certain forums

BradP

He has some good tips sometimes.  But overwhelmingly he seems to be budget minded to me.  Which is fine.  But he will not achieve a higher level without overcoming his prejudices. 

sog1927

If you think he hates Hasselblad, you should hear what he has to say about Albert Einstein. Seriously.

BradP