2900 Li Ion on H3D-39?

Previous topic - Next topic

fiatlux

Hello,

My 2nd hand H3D-39 only came with one battery grip. It looks like the newer 2900mAh grips are supported on the latest firmware and can be charged with the original charger, just more slowly.

Can someone confirm this is indeed the case and indicate how much more battery life I could expect?

swan photography

I just bought a 2900 Li for my H3DII, works great and performance far exceeds my original battery.  I have had no issues at all.  Hope that helps

ChrisL

The 2900 works on my H1 with current firmware so you should be OK :-)
When you say original charger I assume you mean the 7.2V Li-Ion then yes it does, actually the original H charger was a 9.6V version (9.6VH-Series) for the NiMH grip which is not suitable.

rem

fiatlux

Quote from: rem on September 15, 2017, 10:52:42 PM
Why not buy the new 3200?

I'm new to Hasselblad H and had not realised the newest grips were 3200mAh.

More is better I guess but I'm slightly concerned by the note " Designed for H6D, H5D, H5X Cameras, use with Old Cameras via Firmware Update" on B&H's listing. The already old H3D fw upgrades do point to 2900 compatibility, but not 3200.

ChrisL

Which camera models support the new 3200 mAh battery?
All of our H cameras can use the 3200 mAh battery. Although the battery was designed for the H6D, previous models can utilize the battery if the latest firmware is installed in the body. The H1, H1D, H2 and H2F need firmware 9.5.1. The H2D, H3D, H3DII, H4D, and H4X need 2.3.1. You can download the latest firmware from Hasselblad.com> Support> Firmware (Current). Please note that we do not recommend using the older style 1850 mAh battery with the H6D models.

Bottom of the page:
http://hasselbladbron.com/products/product-faqs/hasselblad/faqs-hasselbladcamera.html