Firmware 1.17.2 - Bricked my lens !!

Previous topic - Next topic

satijntje

Elwood, I have send you a message, please check.

elwood

Quote from: satijntje on August 26, 2017, 06:43:09 AM
Elwood, I have send you a message, please check.

Thanks.
I will give it a try as soon as my batteries are fully charged again.
I tried something similiar Hasselblad  customer support asked me to do earlier today.

I'll let you know

elwood

Still the same.

It did not work  :'(

I tried it with 2 fully charged batteries. I guess I have to send it for repair which it's a shame as I have my gear for a couple of days :( :(

satijntje

As this lens failure from Elwood seems to be the only one that has been reported after people have updated their firmware to 1.17.2 I have decided to give it again a try and update from 1.17.0.to .2
I like very much the smaller AF points, that allow me to better focus on people's eyes.
The electronical shutter will be useful when using the X1D in full sunlight, but under normal circumstances I will stay with the leaf shutter.

John

cementjungle

I thought about rolling back off the update too after reading Elwood's posts, but opted to be brave and forge forward.

I had a house guest last week, a model visiting the US from South Africa, so I shot a few dozen shots with her in the studio with the x1d (no electronic shutter of course since was using studio lights) and it all went well. Just one case of the usual "Press shutter button halfway for live view" message which requires a battery removal to clear. I did a bunch of B&W bodyscape type shots, which is a real test for the dynamic range... and was quite pleased with the results.

And yes, the smaller AF points are quite important... not sure I'll ever have a reason to switch back to the bigger AF points... I'm not even sure what within the square the camera decides to focus on.
Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com

elwood

A friend of mine dropped off this morning my camera + lens to Hasselblad's office in Paris.

Can't wait to know what happened. ;D

Hopefuly it won't take too much time to send it back.

Did anyone tried the electronic shutter ?

elwood

It's been 2 weeks now and there's one more to go before I can finally have my gear back :'(

cementjungle

Quote from: elwood on September 15, 2017, 06:42:03 PM
It's been 2 weeks now and there's one more to go before I can finally have my gear back :'(

Whatever happened with this? Was there an answer as to what happened?
Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com

elwood

Quote from: cementjungle on October 15, 2017, 12:21:58 PM
Quote from: elwood on September 15, 2017, 06:42:03 PM

Whatever happened with this? Was there an answer as to what happened?

Wish I had. I'm still waiting for Hasselblad to send it back from Sweden. It's been almost 2 months since they have it >:(

cementjungle

Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com

elwood

Quote from: cementjungle on October 19, 2017, 05:48:19 AM
Wow... sorry to hear that.

It seems I'll have to wait a bit more in order to receive a brand new lens.
Well mine was 2 weeks old ...  :'(

elwood

I am still waiting for my damn lens to get repaired or replaced  >:( >:(

I thought that 3 weeks of wait for a Leica repair service was too long, now I know that it wasn't ...

chadkirkland

I just had this same thing happen to my XCD 45mm, but it was on the newest firmware (0.5.6). Did you ever figure out what the issue was with the lens? Hoping it's not dead for good.

elwood

Hi Chadkirkland

I just got a brand new lens from Hasselblad.
They have no clues what the issue was.
It took 3 months to get a lens back though :'(

Let us know if you get something from you issue
Good luck