XH Shipped

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

Hot diggety. B&H just emailed me that my XH adapter has been shipped. Should be here on Friday. Meaning that anyone else on here who has one ordered thru B&H should also be getting a notice, depending on how many units were shipped, and how many names are on the wait list. Good luck.

Greg

This morning I got a message from UPS that B&H was shipping me something that will be delivered tomorrow (Thursday).  I have heard nothing from B&H as to what is coming.  Since the only thing I have on order with them is the XH adapter, I am assuming that is what it is.  But, it is really interesting that B&H has not sent me an e-mail saying an item was shipped.  The item was shipped on the 15th.  I even went on the B&H website and looked at my orders and found nothing.  We shall see.

Greg

satijntje

I have got mine yesterday as well.
"Made in Chine" version.
It seems that there are also "made in Japan" around.
Take care of you want to order the PPL lens clampholder, they are different for the Japan and China versions!
John

Michael H. Cothran

Greg - Call B&H customer service. They can tell you what's going on.

Michael H. Cothran

As hoped, the adapter came today from B&H. Got a chance to play with it with my remaining H lenses. Works beautifully, with one exception - the release button on the adapter just doesn't want to release the lens, or even the cap without putting up a good fight. I'm struggling with it, and can see it being a problem in the field, if I'm trying to change lenses in a hurry. Hopefully that won't be the case too often.
But...I have to admit I'm getting to the point that I'm afraid to buy anything else from Hasselblad. Seems like everything X-related is plagued with bugs.

Greg

Yes, I struggled with mine too, until I realized the release button doesn't push down.  It moves from the front (away from the lens) to the back (toward the camera body).  I works perfectly that way.  I am a little disappointed it was made in China, though.  Someone said they saw at least one made in Japan and are slightly different in diameter.  If so, it means they moved the manufacture from Japan to China.  One reason, of course, is cost.  The other reason may be that DJI required it.  Either way, I'm not real happy about it.  Sweden or Japan, OK.  With China being a Communist country, government stability is a worry for me.  I remember Mao, the Red Guards, and the cultural revolution all too well.  But, my biggest disappointment is that NONE of my HC/HCD lenses will ever autofocus.  I did not learn this until after I ordered the lens adapter.  That being said, the focus assist functions easier than I had imagined. 

Greg

Charles S

Maybe as a point of perspective, it may be designed this way rather than a bug, since this is also how the extension rings unlock on the H system.

Michael H. Cothran

Greg solved the problem. Thank you. It's a matter of sliding the button to the rear to unlock, and NOT trying to push down, as I did. Shame on me in this instance, as the instruction pamphlet clearly stated to do this.  :-[

Greg

I have to admit that I did not look at the instruction pamphlet either.

Greg