XCD 120mm Macro

Previous topic - Next topic

BradP

Anyone have a copy or seen a review yet?

satijntje

BradP

Just looked up status on B&H and noticed they state "Expected availability: Sep 25, 2017".  Hope that's right!

tedtrimmer

While B&H is above reproach and will honor any lens warranty, might I suggest that you pick up the lens at your dealer's shop and plop it on their X1D?  If it works, great then try it on your own X1D.  If you are remotely located like I am, I will be using phone support from Hasselblad prior to putting the new 120mm on my X1D.  This is a complicated and tricky camera with less than a seamless introduction to the customer.

BradP

Thanks Ted.  Excellent advice for those who can wait, but this likely will be my most used lens the day it arrives.  I've waitlisted for about 3 or so months and don't want to give up my place in line. 

Your thoughts remind me to install any lens firmware updates when I get it, and run it through corner to corner and other resolution chart tests before using it in a meaningful way.  B&H's warranty is among the best I've ever experienced from any company, so I don't have much concern they won't honor that if needed.

Mr-Anderson

I have one testing for Hasselblad.
Its a really nice lens!!

Mr-Anderson

Sample

Data:
1/180 sek
f/5,6
ISO 100

Mr-Anderson

more....

Data:
1/125 sek
f/10
ISO 100

BradP

Awesome.  Whenever you or someone can post more info, pics or reviews it would assist some of us as we wait.  Can you give any aperture info on these shots?   

tedtrimmer

Nice photograph!  The detail, texture and corner sharpness are all great.  Looking forward to receiving the lens here in Hawaii.

BradP

Not knowing the latest on file size limits in this forum, I imagine many would love to see a full res pic wide open (maybe of an ordinary small flower focusing on a petal with moderate contrast, graduated depth of field behind it) at minimum focus distance. It could be cool if Nick has the space to publish a single shot of that kind here first.

Final MTF charts and announcements can wait for me. I fully trust it will be industry leading.  I just hope to dream a little longer... 

Mr-Anderson

One more...

Data:
1/60 sek
f/8
ISO 400

BradP

OK. The wait has been worth it. 

Now everyone is going to want to join this forum. 

JoeC

I've had one on order since April 3. I'm even more excited now that I've seen some sample photos.

Mr-Anderson

It´s very sharp lens.
You can, in the X1D, set three different AF settings: Far, Narrow and Full so the AF focus faster.
I have order one :)