Dual (or better) battery charger for X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

ceoofhell

Hi Guys,
I am looking for a better solution than using two battery chargers to re-charge my X1D batteries. For my Canon I had a third party charger that was able to recharge two batteries at the same time. Is there something like this around in the Hasselblad world?

Best regards,
Michael

docmoore

Have not seen it ... and therefore bought another charger.

Cannot see getting by with just one charging output as the charge time is long.

Advantage of two is that if one dies you still have a way to charge.

Bob

tbullock

I found a very cheap and convenient alternative in a USB Lithium charger off of eBay. The specs match the X1D battery, and I have tested it several times. With this solution I can charge off of a battery bank, car, solar panel, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191962281008

You just need to put together a DC power cable (or cable + adapters) to go from 3.5mm x 1.35mm to 2.5mm x 0.7mm. I used a 5.5x2.1 cable with an adapter on each end.

I can't guarantee performance or durability of course, but you could buy say 30 of these for the price of a Hasselblad charger, and save a decent amount of space and weight.

ceoofhell

That looks interesting. But I am a little bit afraid that it burns my House down 😉

fsprow

CAUTION

I have used a few of these eBay chargers to power cellphones etc (USB to micro USB or Apple Lightning connectors) from 12Volt car batteries in remote locations, after mounting them in little plastic cases purchased off the web.  Be aware they have no circuit protection and I had one immediately go up in smoke; no problem since I was close by.
Frank