flash rear sync cannot work

Previous topic - Next topic

lim71

Is there anyone can help me to find this problem's root cause? I set the flash at rear sync mode, my flash is Nikon SB5000. And I found sometimes rear sync cannot work, there is no flash when shutter close.

I don't know why and need help.

thanks.

docmoore

May vary with shutter speed ... too fast may not allow SB5000 to trigger ... just a guess ... happened to me with various flashes on Leica S in CS mode.

Bob

lim71

Thanks a lot. I used it at long exposure environment, the shutter speed over 4-6 seconds. The flash just light at shutter open and when shutter close, there is no light. But sometimes it works, I think each 4-5 time, it works once. I don't know why and how to fix it.

Any advice?

Thanks again.

Michael H. Cothran

I would check with Shar or Paul at Hasselblad in Union, NJ, assuming you are in the US. If elsewhere in the world, they can still advise you who to call or contact. You may have to send in the camera.
Here's Shar's contact info -

SharBarra Taylor
Hasselblad Technical Support
Hasselblad Bron, Inc. | 1080A Garden State Road, Union, NJ 07083
(908) 754-5800 | direct
(800) 367-6434 x304

lim71

Many thanks, I am no at USA now, and I left message to Hasselblad tech support team, but so far, have no helpful info come back. I am still trying to talk with them how to solve this problem.

lim71

got the feedback and looks it cannot work at TTL mode, need to change flash setting at M or A position.