H6D 100c error:1210

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

Over the past month or so I've encountered error:1210 with my 100c. This started happening while tethered in the studio and then happened a few time in the field un-tethered. All firmware is up to date. Anyone else experiencing recently? Thanks.

pahciao

Hi,
I can't remember whether the error code was 1210 when I had an error report about a month or so back. In my case the error was resolved by ejecting and reseating the viewfinder properly. Hope it helps.

davidthescot

I had a similar error after using Phocus mobile on my iPad.  It seemed to be caused by switching off the iPad without returning control to the camera.

Jordan

There's something else going on and now my dealer just tells me to email Hasselblad. It's as though the back heats up and this error appears. I don't use "live view" for extended periods of time and the camera is never used for video. When the error occurs and I remove the battery and I leave the camera off for a little while it allows me more time in between errors. Anyhow, I'm certainly a bit irritated this keeps happening and certainly isn't acceptable for a camera so new and well taken care of. Any other ideas or similar experiences are greatly appreciated.

bdp

I had this error constantly when my H6 was new and it had to go back to Hasselblad to be fixed (a few times!).

Ben

rem

I had this error many times in the last days with my new new 100c. I was today at Hasselblad in Gothenburg (roadtrip trough Sweden). The changed all contacts and it shhould be fine. When I switched on the camera, the same error (121:0) occurs. It's a communication error between body, back, viewfinder and lens). So, I let the Hassy there to fix the problem and we travel further with a bag of lenses and no H6D. I should have the H5D with me...
rem

Jordan

I called them today and they had me do another reset- same error occurred later on the day... I'll be contacting them again tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted.

Jordan

Quote from: Jordan on August 04, 2017, 02:45:53 PM
I called them today and they had me do another reset- same error occurred later on the day... I'll be contacting them again tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted.

What you should have is a fully working $30,000 camera or at the very least a loaner 100c so you can continue to do what you bought the camera for in the first place, which is- to photograph. They need to take care of their customers- I don't appreciate one bit having them not automatically have loners on hand for the very few people investing a lot of money into their new cameras. From what I was able to glean around the time I was buying mine was that Hasselblad hadn't been doing so well despite having some great cameras to offer and if this is the type of thing they pull on their customers I'm not surprised of the reputation they've received. NOW- I actually love the camera! It's fairly intuitive and produces beautiful files, BUT I certainly am not pleased with the glitches and them not automatically having loaners on hand for their customers under certain circumstances, such as a "brand new" camera that's unusable due to some error by the fault of the camera itself.

bernardl

I used to experience this a lot before firmware 1.16 when reaching shutter speeds faster than the limit of the lens 1/800 or 1/2000s.

This case has now been fixed, but I still experience the issue once in a while, could never figure out the exact conditions to reproduce it.

Cheers,
Bernard

Jordan

Hi Bernard,
Thanks for your response- what lens were you using most while this was happening? They want me to send the camera in, but honestly I don't want to be without using it currently :). One of the questions they asked me was what lens I was using- it's happened with a 120mm hc macro II to me. I use it mostly at slow shutter speeds (1/4 second and more mostly). So that wouldn't quite be what you were experiencing but it still might point to a lens thing.

rem

In my case on this roadtrip I used the most time the 35-90mm when the error comes.

bernardl

Quote from: Jordan on August 10, 2017, 01:39:38 AM
Hi Bernard,
Thanks for your response- what lens were you using most while this was happening? They want me to send the camera in, but honestly I don't want to be without using it currently :). One of the questions they asked me was what lens I was using- it's happened with a 120mm hc macro II to me. I use it mostly at slow shutter speeds (1/4 second and more mostly). So that wouldn't quite be what you were experiencing but it still might point to a lens thing.

I was using a new orange dotted 100mm f2.2, a 50mm II and a 28mm. But again, issue is mostly fixed with 1.16, I have not applied 1.17 yet since it doesn't address the remaining functinnal enhancements I have been waiting for (memory card back up mode mostly).

Cheers,
Bernard

rem

My 100c what I left in Gothenburg (error 121:00) should come back next week. They had to change the sensor told me Hasselblad.

I feel so naked without😊

brian

I am concerned to hear about these problems with the H6 - I am in a remote location and the idea of having to send a $30K camera half way around the world for a month to get fixed is worrying.

bernardl

Quote from: brian on August 18, 2017, 01:13:44 PM
I am concerned to hear about these problems with the H6 - I am in a remote location and the idea of having to send a $30K camera half way around the world for a month to get fixed is worrying.

Personally I just spend 2 weeks during which I shot around 300GB of images with the H6D-100c and did experience this error only once. Removing the battery fixed the issue.

Cheers,
Bernard