Strange behavior of 45 & 30 XCD lenses

Previous topic - Next topic

docmoore

Tom Akin

Are any of you seeing this on multiple lenses? I returned my first 30 and recently purchased another. The new one has the same problem, maybe a little worse. Makes me suspect the problem could be with the camera..

RTFM

Hi Tom,

No, just the 30mm. I have a 30, 90 and 300 (which, at present, is a purely manual lens on the X1D) but the real problems of focusing are only associated with the 30mm. The more I use it, the more I learn and the better the results but it is light years away from the exactness of the 90mm.

I'm praying that as each software release emerges it will improve but, failing that, I am learning to overcome its 'foibles'.

romeobravophoto

Quote from: Tom Akin on July 31, 2017, 06:01:19 PM
I received my x1d & 45mm lens about three months ago, after having the kit for about a week I noticed the lens would occasionally crank itself all the way in (I think possibly beyond infinity?) or out at random times, though most often immediately after a shot is taken.
The rate that the lens moves is very slow & constant, not at all like the quick motion of the autofocus. I picked up the 30 a couple of weeks ago & it has the same issue, the 90 so far has not.

Has any one else seen anything like this?

This actually happened with the demo unit I had from Hasselblad.  The 90mm was fine, but the 45mm would wind itself to infinity and lock-up.  I contacted Hasselblad, and they sent another 45mm that worked fine.  I ended up purchasing the 4116 X1D, and the 45mm that came with it has no issues.