Defining icons used on this forum?

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

After all this time being a member, I'd finally like to know what certain icons mean or indicate. Particularly some of those found under our names when we post. I cannot find definitions for them anywhere. If there is a page defining what they mean, can someone please direct me there?

Thank you.

NickT

Hi Michael
They do pop up with labels if you hover over them. I'll see if I can find a list.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Michael H. Cothran

Nick - The online/offline icon left of my name defines itself, as do the three icons at the bottom left of the post.
Not the yellow squares, what Karma is, and what Upvote/Downvote is. Plus, the difference from Member, Full Member, and Senior Member.

Thanks

NickT

Hi Michael
The yellow squares are an indication of how many posts you have made. Up/downvote is to increase/decrease your Karma i.e. how much you are loved by people in general as opposed to "likes" which are specifically related to posts.

"Member" is somewhat redundant now and is pretty much the same as "Full Member". Senior Member is a subset of Full Member and is based on post count, 50 posts makes you a senior member, the idea being that new users can have a bit more confidence in what a senior member says.

Hope that helps!
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Michael H. Cothran

Thanks Nick for the explanations. That helps.