Pinhole Mode on a tech camera

Previous topic - Next topic

niallc

From the blurb it seems that the new pinhole mode in the H6 firmware update allows you to use an H6 back on a technical camera without a shutter connection. The shutter speed in this mode is set on the back itself. Is that correct? and what would be the range of shutter speeds? (If this is the case it would be a massive leap forward, allowing speeds above 60th on my Schneider electronics)

ChrisL

http://static.hasselblad.com/2016/04/H6D-User-Manual-v1.4-170418.pdf

Only partially clarifies in that yes it is for for view camera use and yes you can set and release the shutter speed but it doesn't state the range, however it does state in view camera video mode the range is 1/30th to 1/8,000. The screen shot in pinhole mode does seem to show a value of 2 sec, which is more in line with a pinhole exposure than the above range.
I would suggest a technical query to Hasselblad unless a user can clarify by testing?

bernardl

As of firmware 1.16 the fastest possible speed in pin hole mode was 1/8th sec, I haven't tired yet with 1.17 but I would be surprised if they had improved this.

I did try it on my Arca and it did work, I haven't spent much time on it though as the flash sync mode works perfect with my Rodenstock lenses.

Cheers,
Bernard