Phocus 3.2 crash

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanbruehl

Phocus 3.2 running on Windows 10 crashes with files in portrait orientation if ones uses the 100% zoom.  The problem does not occur for pictures in landscape orientation.

But the strange thing is that it doesn't help to turn from portrait mode to landscape mode. A picture originally taken in portrait mode will always produce a crash when zooming to 100% (or by using the '+' sign in the upper right hand corner).

I tested this with many different files and it seems reproducible....

Regards, Stephan   

additional note:  I changed back to 3.1.5 and the crash does not occur....    hey folks, when will you deliver something without errors ???

muema

Hello Stephan

I do have the same problem with Phocus 3.2 and Windows 10 on a HP Spectre Laptop. With every portrait-file, Phocus 3.2 crashes and I have to start it again.

Hope for a upgrade ;)!

Regards
Martin

DJPixelMan

Phocus 3.2 works OK here on Windows 10 PC. Zoom to 100% using the magnifying glass, or using +/- keys to zoom to 100%, all OK.

NickT

FYI in order that the software team can try and address these issues please provide as much info about your hardware/OS as possible.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

stephanbruehl

Quote from: NickT on June 18, 2017, 06:56:19 PM
FYI in order that the software team can try and address these issues please provide as much info about your hardware/OS as possible.

I am using a computer with  i7-6700K @4.0GHZ processor unit, 32 GB RAM (mainboard manufacturer Gigabyte Technology).
integrated graphics (Intel HD Graphics 530).
Windows 10 Pro  Version 1607 Build 14393.1358

As pointed out before: the crash does not occur with Phocus 3.1.5, only with 3.2 !!

Edit: I just updated the exact definition of the Windows 10 version

Alex

Hi,

Just adding to this issue of error on the Windows vers3.2 build:
Although I had less crashes on a Windows 7 machines (Ultimate / 6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601 - see attached) , I still experienced instability, unresponsiveness/delays and incorrect colour readouts (Lab), amongst other things.

Alex

Beever11

Got same problem too. Jump from Leica and didn't expect this much problem from Hasselblad, phocus and phocus mobile. Sad!

Gomez

Same problem here. Zoom to 100% on a portrait image, Phocus 3.2 freezes. I'm running Windows 8.1, I7-3770K cpu @3.5ghz, 32GB ram.

carstengp

We expect to release a fix for this next week. In the meantime you can actually prevent the crash by enabling the preference option of processing medium resolution on the GPU

NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Alex

DJPixelMan

Quote from: carstengp on June 23, 2017, 06:42:21 PM
We expect to release a fix for this next week. In the meantime you can actually prevent the crash by enabling the preference option of processing medium resolution on the GPU

Ha..I set that in my Preferences long ago. Perhaps that I why I don't have the same crash as some have reported.