Phocus mobile and X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

asfeir

Anybody tried Phocus Mobile with X1D? I find the app does not work as well as on the H.

rent

It's a useless piece of ****. I only used it as a remote trigger since a wired shutter release is not available. Half of the time the wifi won't connect, which results in more fiddling and reconnecting and more missed shots.
Alex Jiang

Instagram

Eric Borgström

Wi-fi connection could not be easier to my IPad. App pretty basic though.

rent

Does your wifi stay connected? Mine seems to drop intermittently if not used for a minute or two, or if I close the app. While wifi settings showing the phone is connected, the app will search for the host and fail. Renew lease seems to help, but it's to the point of not being usable at all for any serious work.

Quote from: ericborgstrom on June 13, 2017, 01:34:00 PM
Wi-fi connection could not be easier to my IPad. App pretty basic though.
Alex Jiang

Instagram

Eric Borgström

Put camera POWER OFF to a longer time or bettet NEVER you will not lose your connection even if the IPad is powered down and on again. You have nearly all the camera controlls at your remote disposal.
No **** there.
But I use SELF TIMER instead of a cable release. In STAY mode.

Imagecrazy

I just discovered the STAY mode in the timer.  Most helpful!  Very useful.  Still, having a remote release is needed for timing certain shots I can't totally anticipate using the timer.  Was trying to shoot waves the other day with long exposure and was thinking a remote release would be better.  Or when noticed a group of geese just entering my shot swimming by unexpectedly.  Will give Phocus mobile a try with my iPhone.

asfeir

has anybody been successful getting autofocus to work with Phocus mobile?

Imagecrazy

Just playing with Phocus mobile now.  I got the autofocus to work. Hit the AF, the camera focuses, then hit the shutter.  Doesn't appear to autofocus when you hit just the shutter.

asfeir

I did try AF button, but it does not work. What version of the firmware are you using?

davidthescot

Same thing here on the H6D - must be a bug.