Phocus 3.2

Previous topic - Next topic

cerett

I have downloaded the new version of Phocus and find it absolutely amazing and disappointing that my H6D sill cannot be configured using this updated software. What gives?

Dagmar_L

I am waiting for useful Live view mode in studio (H6D) - it is a shame that this still works like in the beginning of digital era :(

bdp

This update seems more focussed on providing the ability to process RAW video that the H6 cameras produce. I certainly appreciate that - processing thousands of CinemaDNG files in another software and dropping them into a timeline to make a video was very tedious. Phocus 3.2 has bugs when I played with the video processing, but when it works it's really good. But I do hope future versions of Phocus will have more features.

Dagmar - what's wrong with the live view? I use live video on an external monitor for my stylists all the time and they are blown away by the quality - colour, fast refresh of about 20fps, and the ability for me to tweak the colour and brightness on the fly so it looks as good as real life. What more could you want?

Ben

Dagmar_L

Quote from: bdp on June 10, 2017, 10:59:02 AM

Dagmar - what's wrong with the live view? I use live video on an external monitor for my stylists all the time and they are blown away by the quality - colour, fast refresh of about 20fps, and the ability for me to tweak the colour and brightness on the fly so it looks as good as real life. What more could you want?

Ben
Ben - Imagine this situation:
Model is lying on the floor, camera is on Foba Tripod 2,5m high above her connected to Imac via 7m USB cable. Flash lights with pilots - ISO 100, 1/200s, F 11.  So I have Live View only through Phocus. Try this- and it will be pain in the a... Every canon works perfectly with whatever software. :(

bdp

Hi Dagmar,

Ah, so the quality is not good enough with the small aperture and low ambient light? Yes, it can get quite noisy in this kind of situation I suppose. I am used to a much larger aperture (for food) and using daylight, so ambient light levels are a lot brighter.

You might need a bright continuous light to make it easier for the live video. Canons do have great live view, but compared to the CCD era I think the new Hasselblad live video is pretty good.

Ben

Alex

Hi,

3.2 windows build
Tethered & processing testing so far:
Inaccurate Lab readouts (not sure if RGBs are also the same)
Basiccolor INput5 custom colour profiles no longer accessible in Reproduction/Input profile
Occasional Crashing & Instability after terminating Live-view
Options / Right click menu not updating/inaccessible options.
Generally quicker than but more wobbly than 3.1.5 (I'll miss this one out).

Thanks,

Alex