HM 16.32

Previous topic - Next topic

fsprow

Looks like the latest firmware update for the H6D includes the HM 16.32

fsprow

The latest firmware update for the H6D indicates that this film back is no longer available, so I decided to pick one up and have done so.

fsprow

Just to say I am DELIGHTED with this back.  Have been using my old favorite Velvia and Provia films and scanning on my Nikon 9000ED.  To no surprise one gets the great film "look" where super resolution and / or high ISO is not required. The back also make loading, advancing and rewinding the film a snap too.

jimijamesu

Is the digital back protector different from the plastic cover that goes on the 16.32?

Quote from: ChrisL on March 21, 2017, 03:09:31 AM
FYI The first two are HC 80 on 16/32 cropped square, the last 500c/m on 80mm A12.
Its no weight really to add the 16/32 back just remember the digital back protector plate!! Been there done that.

jerome_m

Quote from: jimijamesu on June 27, 2017, 02:40:55 PM
Is the digital back protector different from the plastic cover that goes on the 16.32?

Yes, it is in metal, thick and therefore considerably more sturdy.

ChrisL

Quote from: jimijamesu on June 27, 2017, 02:40:55 PM

They are very different construction rigid thick metal (aluminium?) v plastic.
In an extreme you could use the plastic film back on the digital it does fit of course but it offers poor protection, the plastic is thin, can be easily bent, the latch is just a tongue of plastic and is not a secure fit. Conversely the metal digital protector does massively over-protect a film back :-)