Author Topic: Surface 4 pro tethered or wifi question  (Read 89 times)

Offline davidthescot

Surface 4 pro tethered or wifi question
« on: June 09, 2017, 03:01:10 AM »
I am a lifelong Mac user and do not really like PC's but I have just ordered a Surface 4 Pro to use tethered to my H6D.  At the moment I am using a laptop on a table with a bigger screen attached but it is very clunky.  Having used the Sony software that connects directly to their cameras on my iPhone and iPad I was really hoping to do the same with my H6D but it does not appear to work that way.  I can use an iPhone as a sort of remote provided that I have a computer connected to my wifi network.  That doesn't work on location or out of range of my existing wifi setup.

There does not appear to be any way to tether an iPad to the camera so I have changed the habit of a lifetime and bought a Surface Pro.  I know that I can run Phocus or LR on this and tether it to the H6D as there is a USB 3 socket (missing from the iPad).

Apologies for the long preamble but has anyone attempted to connect a PC running Phocus using an ad hoc wireless connection?  Is it even possible?

I want to be able to hand hold a tablet while I move around the set and camera and tethering is okay but wireless would be better.

Offline davidthescot

Re: Surface 4 pro tethered or wifi question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:05:21 AM »
Okay no advice needed.  The computer turned and was dead on arrival - returned for a refund.

Will now try another solution with a Mac.