Alternative method of charging X1D batteries?

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

With three batteries, I find carrying three chargers on the road with me to be a bit cumbersome. Not to mention that motels, campgrounds, and my own vehicle are always limited to available AC outlets. I normally need to be able to charge all three of my batteries at one time, usually overnight. I have used a power strip to date, but that's just one more item I need to pack, in addition to the three chargers. And, I can only fit two chargers on the power strip, so I still have to find another outlet for my third one. Anyone else in this situation that has a solution? Thanks.

rent

Sadly, no. I don't even have / want to carry 3 chargers. Set alarm to wake me up to charge the next battery. Ghetto, I know.
Alex Jiang

Instagram

tbullock

I've recently taken delivery of a $3 USB-powered 8.4V lithium battery charger that might work, but I don't currently have the right plug to fit it. Once I get that I will report back. Here's the item I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191962281008

tbullock

I was able to fully charge an X1D battery tonight using the aforementioned $3 USB charger and a few adapters available on amazon. It charged quickly and has status indicator LEDs to let you know that it's finished. I'm pretty happy to be able to leave the wall charger at home and charge from a power bank, laptop, or solar panel. It's too bad the charger doesn't have a durable enclosure though.

Michael H. Cothran

Thanks for the info. This is definitely worth looking into.