problems with X1D-50c Firmware 1.15.1

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Borgström

Upgraded to 1.15.1 four days ago. No additional problems.
Waiting for the upgrade that makes the camera less quirky. Hopefully polished. The handling has the potential to eventually shine.

Bro

Hi all,

We have noted that a few of the X1D owners have experienced firmware issues caused by the recent 1.15.1 firmware update and our developers are currently investigating this.

For those experiencing this problem, we kindly ask you to immediately get in touch with us  at customersupport@hasselblad.com or call +4631102460, to find the root cause.

Best,
Hasselblad Product Management

Michael H. Cothran

One issue I currently have with 1.15 is the "No Card" error message. The pdf Read Me states that with the 1.15.1 update this release will address that problem. Great. But at the moment I am currently a wee bit hesitant to download the new firmware due to the problems that many of you are encountering.

However, I did take the time to read the Read Me pdf file for the new download, and wanted to bring this to the attention of those of you that had issues after downloading.
The Read Me pdf states
"Note: Once the update is completed you must remove and reinsert the battery."
For those having a problem, did you actually do this step? If not, you might try it.

BostonBoy

Given the many problems reported here I got concerned and went outside tonight for an evening fun session until the cows came home - literally, see attached. I shot mostly aperture priority and full manual with V 1.15.1 loaded. No problems whatsoever, everything worked, no crashes. I guess I got lucky with the upgrade. Hopefully everyone can fix their issues. Good luck.

All shots OOC JPEGs - no time for processing tonight.

tbullock

I initially had severe issues with the upgrade, but I've reverted to 1.15 and then reinstalled 1.15.1, and my camera seems back to normal now.

hcubell

Quote from: eleanorbrown on June 07, 2017, 06:42:31 AM
This update is ridiculous!! Can't change my f stops....exposure comp, etc with wheels.  Numbers go crazy fluctuating all over the place.  I tried down grading and same thing happened with firmware  that had previously  worked fine.  So re upgraded again to current firmware and camera still goes crazy.  This is unacceptable with a camera that costs what the X1D does!  I use Sandisk 64 GB Extreme Pro cards. Get with this Hasselblad and fix!!!
Eleanor

Any update?

alkaabi

i guess they are working on it. Thats what i got on my email:

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, we cannot give you a real estimation for solving this issue, but please be assured that testing of camera Firmware 1.15.1 is high priority for us at the moment and we are doing our best to minimize this time as much as possible.

Best regards,
The Hasselblad team

Michael H. Cothran

I've now updated to 1.15.1, and all seems to be well. I DID remove the battery after the install, and then reinserted it. I have not seen the "No Card" warning since the install, so it appears that the update is doing what it's supposed to do.

Neimad

I was using today the X1D with the firmware version 1.15.1 for a two hours photo shoot. I had exactly the same issues as last week: camera rebooting itself every 5min and showing "No Card".

I tried to do more observations than last week to identify what could cause the issues.
First observation, is the fact that this is now summer in NYC and I'm using the camera for the first time under higher temperatures (around 30-35C under the sun today)
The issues are actually happening after using continuously the camera for about 20-25min. The X1D body become very warm and the camera start to reboot itself and show the "No Card" error.
The highest temperature is observed around the tripod mount. The grip becomes warm too but It could be because of the handling. I don't have a thermal camera. So, unfortunately, this is very subjective observations.

As a test, I stoped using the camera long enough for the body to come back to lower temperatures. I started to use it again with no issues for around 20min before the "No Card" came back.

I have two questions for the other X1D users:
1. Does your X1D body become warm after using it for some time?
2. For the ones with no issues, could you try to run continuously the camera for 20-25Min (viewfinder or live view) and confirm if your X1D body becomes warm and if the "No Card" error appears

Michael H. Cothran

Quote from: Neimad on June 11, 2017, 03:37:16 PM
2. For the ones with no issues, could you try to run continuously the camera for 20-25Min (viewfinder or live view) and confirm if your X1D body becomes warm and if the "No Card" error appears

1. Yes, my camera gets quite warm with continuous use.
2. I will run this test today.

Michael H. Cothran

Quote from: Neimad on June 11, 2017, 03:37:16 PM

Neimad - Ok. I've run my camera about an hour now, taking about 30 shots, plus playing with the previews, going into various menus, changing things around, and just auto-focusing on different subjects. All for the sake of keeping the camera "active" & "busy" over this time period.

My results are good for me, but not helpful to you, unfortunately. I had no issues whatsoever, and no No Card alert. My camera is just a wee bit warm, but nothing to be alarmed about.
I DO have a glitch, however, which is not related to 1.15.1, for which I will post a new thread.

alkaabi

unfortunately no. i stopped using the dials, now i use only the screen to control the camera.

Imagecrazy

Did you try reverting back to the previous version?

alkaabi

yes couple of times, unfortunately once you update the camera will always misbehave. we need a fix, actually this camera seems like a pre-release version. It needs a firmware update urgently.