problems with X1D-50c Firmware 1.15.1

Previous topic - Next topic

alkaabi

Hi

I updated my camera to 1.51.1 and now it's acting crazy, i'm setting it on manual but can't change the speed or the aperture.

any help ?

isarus

Me too. Also I've got the no card error. And everything freeze.

I feel like a beta-tester.

alkaabi

I downgraded to 1.15.0 and things went to back to normal. However, the aperture dial (in the front) is not functioning smoothly like before.

Neimad

I highly recommend not to install the last X1D firmware (v1.15.1) I installed this last version on my X1D on Friday and I do have now more issues with my camera. Every 4-5min, the camera is now rebooting itself and says that the memory is Full. Every time it happens, I have to manually reboot the camera to fix it . The self timer is also having issues that I did not had before. It stop erraticly in the middle of the countdown. I have to press again the shutter to make it move again. I had the most frustrating photo shoot session today for a customer. Hasselblad need to really work seriously on fixing issues with the X1D. This camera is just not ready for the market.

isarus

Quote from: Neimad on June 05, 2017, 07:50:43 AM
I highly recommend not to install the last X1D firmware (v1.15.1) I installed this last version on my X1D on Friday and I do have now more issues with my camera. Every 4-5min, the camera is now rebooting itself and says that the memory is Full. Every time it happens, I have to manually reboot the camera to fix it . The self timer is also having issues that I did not had before. It stop erraticly in the middle of the countdown. I have to press again the shutter to make it move again. I had the most frustrating photo shoot session today for a customer. Hasselblad need to really work seriously on fixing issues with the X1D. This camera is just not ready for the market.
Agree. The camera is not ready for us customers. I hate the fact spending this kind of money and need to get back to Sony for my backpack and P1 for studio work for living. They need to get their act together or I'll put my 4116 and lenses for sell. Or get a refund due to a non functional equipment.

Imagecrazy

Just for this reason, as isn't just Hasselblad but other manufactures often release mini updates that don't work, I always wait to install updates until I hear is all ok.  Is unfortunate Hasselblad did not test this update fully.  So, I won't be updating until next major firmware release since mine is working fine.  But hope they will take this version down from their support page before more owners are bit.  I suggest all that have updated revert back.  At least that is something you can do.  Some manufacturers don't give you that ability.

Buddy

checked all functions with 1.5.1, no problems here. don't know what are your problems...

Imagecrazy

I still wonder if these people just have too slow or faulty SD cards, which has been my experience when I first purchased.  Would like to know what brand and model of SD card they are using.

pflower

A number of people are reporting problems with the firmware update.  I updated as soon as I heard about it and took 300 exposures today without a problem (surprising since the No Card Error is not the only problem I have encountered - i.e. no demands for system resets or freezes).  So are all X1Ds created equal or are some, to reference George Orwell, created more equal than others?  I do think that Hasselblad should do better to address its users - first as to what is going on with firmware improvements and then, my personal concern, the likely availability of the H adapter.  Still, I have had this camera for some 2 or 3 months and, some irritating bugs aside, it is still what I wanted and I still think it is fantastic.  But communication does seem to be a problem.  Having invested a significant amount of money into a system which still clearly has some teething problems I really do think that Hasselblad should break their silence and explain what the problems are and what they are doing to rectify them.

Neimad

I'm using the same SD cards that I was using before with the X1D and that I'm using with other of my cameras (Canon 5d Mark IV, Leica MM)
One of these SD cards was actually provided with the X1D (16GB Extreme Pro 95MB Sandisk)
I had the SD card issue before to upgrade to this latest firmware and I still have it even more often with this new upgrade.
I do have also a new issue with the self timer which stop erratically in the middle of the countdown.
The camera is also now freezing and rebooting itself very frequently when I didn't had this issue before.

Like pflower says, I'm wondering if all X1Ds are made the same. I was working in the past for a large OEM and it's very frequent to buy the same component from different vendors. There are supposed to be made under the same specs. but small differences could be a nightmare when you need to work on the firmware. And very often, small manufacturers don't have the privilege to procure always from the same vendor as they don't have the volumes to leverage during negotiations. As a result, they have to procure from different vendors based on availability. The SD card issue could come from a controller that could be from a different vendor depending on the X1D production batch.

Imagecrazy

Using same card and no problems on the previous firmware.  Just throwing out some ideas.  Perhaps set the camera settings back to default factory settings and see if still acting up.  Reformat the card. etc.  If still acting up, I would ask for a replacement. 

Neimad

The factory reset is a good point. I will try this tomorrow.

BostonBoy

I've updated to 1.15.1 two days ago. So far w/o problems, knock on wood.

It's an interesting question why different X1Ds seem to behave differently...with identical firmware.

FYI, I'm using the SanDisk 95/90 Extreme Pro's as well. I did see the no card error sporadically with the previous firmware version 1.15.0 as well, and the occasional lock-ups only fixed by a battery removal. However, so far so good since the upgrade, but I did not use it extensively yet.

My gut feel was that previous hick-ups were temperature related, the camera froze 3 times in a long afternoon session, but never since.

This is my first medium format camera, but I own several high-end FF cameras from different vendors. It's certainly an experience in humility, as good as the IQ results are. Consumer and Pro cameras alike with that kind of instability would have been returned in drones to say at least. The X1D is for an acquired taste at this point in time at least, shall we say?!

I hope and trust the engineers in Sweden will sort this out. I will enjoy my quirky yet wonderful camera but will certainly be hesitant to invest further until this system becomes a stable platform.

eleanorbrown

This update is ridiculous!! Can't change my f stops....exposure comp, etc with wheels.  Numbers go crazy fluctuating all over the place.  I tried down grading and same thing happened with firmware  that had previously  worked fine.  So re upgraded again to current firmware and camera still goes crazy.  This is unacceptable with a camera that costs what the X1D does!  I use Sandisk 64 GB Extreme Pro cards. Get with this Hasselblad and fix!!!
Eleanor

neilb

Upgraded to 1.15.1.   First camera I've ever had that actually froze on me. Amazing!! Back display still showed previous information, but the whole camera just froze up. Had to pull the battery out to get it working again.