X1D Spirit Level

Previous topic - Next topic

pflower

It may be that I have completely misremembered this, but I could have sworn that when I first played around with my X1D and chose the spirit level it was available for view in live view - i.e. you could compose with it active in the viewfinder.  I also remember how difficult it was to handhold and get both axes centred. 

Trying it again today it appears that I am wrong and it is only available on the LCD with live view unengaged - so only useful for centering the camera on a tripod.  The much simpler, single axis, level on the Sony A7ii is pretty useful.  Probably I am just fantasising but if Hasselblad are taking note of comments in this forum, it would be nice if you could superimpose the spirit level on live view as is implemented on the Sony.  However this is down on my list of firmware improvements - live histogram, zebras and a soft button to re-engage live view being my, and it would seem many others', first priorities.

rent

My spirit level comes on in the EVF after hitting the square button a couple of times. The square button cycles thru exposure info, grid line, and the level.

However, the spirit level is only 1/2 useful. One can never calibrate the level in both portrait and landscape orientation - once you get one calibrated the other is off! Come on Hasselblad. Fix this!

Alex
Alex Jiang

Instagram

pflower

Stupid of me.  With such minimal controls I had completely forgotten about the square button.

Thanks