H6D-100C high ISO

Previous topic - Next topic

rem

Hello all,

I have a H5D-50ccd und so far I'm really happy. But the most thing I miss is that I can not work with higher ISO's (I like to shoot free hand out in town too).

Perfect for me would be the X1D but I had yesterday when I testet the camera in a store really problems with the viewfinder (I wear glasses). The most time when I took the camera to the eye, she was not switching to the view finders monitor. First I had to move the camera oround the eye. And I see only a part from the picture.

So, when I buy the H6D-100c (for only 3'000.00 more to the H6D-50c), what can I expect from the high ISO pictures? What can I use in a real world for "Reportage Style Pictures"? Or for nice Portraits in a bad light situation???

I have no chance to test one here in my region for the moment. And I find no "real world" raw files samples in the net

Should it be better than the H6D-50c, because she is going up to 12'800ISO?

And, when I will sell my (looking brand new) H5D-50ccd, what you think, will be a market for a CCD Cam?

Thanks a lot and have a grear sunday! :-D

Rem

bernardl

The H6D-100c is in the same ballpark as modern DSLRs in terms of high ISO image quality, meaning much much better than anything with a CCD in it.

I use it without second thoughts up to ISO6,400, I find ISO 12,800 to be a bit short of my expectations, but then I feel the same about my D810 and D750. The only camera I have used that I find clearly superior at high ISO is my D5.

I have a few samples online with images shot around ISO 3,200.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/34050725175/in/album-72157676446696963/

Cheers,
Bernard

rem

Thanks a lot Bernard! That sounds good!

I have also a Nikon D5 plus many lenses and I do net expect the same from the Hassy, just "much more" flexibility then wit the CCD. :-)

I can now play with the 100c next monday.

Cheers,

Rem

hgtate

Hasselblad have a generous trade in programme when you buy H6D-100c which gives you a better deal than you would get selling your H5D-50ccd.

Tangomaniac

You can work up to ISO 3200 or even ISO 6400 without any problems.
I attach a shot made with ISO 128.000 which was still about two light value underexposed.
It was so dark, that the H6D 100c didn't focus automatically, I had to focus by hand.
It was much darker, than the photo is showing.

Best regards,
Ralf

P.S.: My H6D seems to have a sensor problem, therefore the lower half of the picture is brighter. - I posted a question under Software.

rem

@hgtate Thanks, yes I know. I ordered the camera now, but whithout trade in. I get a very good price so that it was for me the better deal to keep my H5D-50.
Rem

rem

@tangomaniac Thanks! Last week I had the chance to play with a 100c. And yes, for me are the higher ISOs really fun and good enough when I like to shoot freehand with not the best light. I missed to do portraits, but made some pictures in a dark building.
The picture her is made with 6400 ISO via Phocus out of cam. The focus was on the "golden" part to the left. 1/30 sec freehand with the 100mm/2.2 at f6.8.

With sharpening and a bit of clarity it looks really good. :-)

This 100c shows some times the same problem wit the sensor at 12'800 ISO. I think the sensor is made with two parts and there is the problem. I hope this can be fixed with a future firmware.

Rem

And sorry for my bad english.

rem

rem

ISO 12'800  125/5,0 HC 100 out of cam via phocus, freehand.

mistercohen

I had the same problem with the High ISO and Sensor problem with the H6D-100c it has to do with the dual readout chips. You have to send the camera back to Hasselblad for recalibration.
Here is the link to the post. http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=5129.0